• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Price Increase Coming July 1st.

The point about the audio quality is only relevant to those that pay close attention to that. The average customer will take better video quality over audio any day. Who needs 44 channels of audio at home?? Really? Stop!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed Crestron, centralized and racked all 32 sources from Ks to Apple TVs to Roku to Android boxes to XBOXes and Cable and Sat boxes into 17 rooms (and even to the pool) with 4K displays.

I had the opportunity of attending the Gravity premiere in Atmos at Dolby Labs in Burbank in 2013, at that time I was the personal home cinema designer of a Russian Billionaire that was dating Naomi Campbell. I had spent the previous 8 years perfecting the use of cinema projectors at Home.

Hearing the Houston Houston circling my head made me refocus my efforts to recreate that at home. First attempts involved the first implementations of the Trinnov Altitude 32 in Germany and later Upped it in Istanbul, between tanks rolling into Ukraine while programming the Crestron in a Moscow PH and the airport bombings and attempted coup d etats those European installations inspired a ton of individuals in AVSFORUM to follow high channel count suits, NO ONE IS COMPLAINING. Neither of those installations perfectly recreated the epiphany at Dolby Labs, the sounds were still going mostly around the room.

It was not until this last April Fools Day that I was able to recreate the seminal career changing experience using a more selfish speaker deployment that primarily addresses ONE SEAT optimization. I did this with the Kaleidescape Strato Scripts. I CANNOT OVEREMPHASIZE that this is a critical component necessary for such immersion. This after a 9 year 10 million dollar in a handful of systems r and d cinema deployment effort. Anyone wanting to experience this phenomenon, when in Florida I can show in Sarasota.

This is what the Sarasota riding club had to say of what I consider my CINEMA MOON SHOT delivered without a glitch for the system planned by the owner.
https://youtu.be/OqOfimS8UdU

However the introduction of microled walls, and mind you there is a big price drop in one of the brands where you are looking at 1,000 an inch instead of Samsungs 4,000 an inch. And guess what? side by side some of you may pick the budget option as it has zero reflectivity and totally seamless screen, the big boy brands cannot do that. THE MARKET IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN FOR BUSINESS-That is huge.

Also because DTS--X is now available with 28.2 channels while atmos is available in 32, because Kaleidescape has excellent choices of top-heavy atmos, and neural-x is the superior upmixer, i have a client in a PH in San Diego atop the OMNI that gave me carte blanche to improve the MOON SHOT's performance, so it is a full optimal DTS-x pro a full optimal atmos full channel count and the Trinnov handles the codecs based on the content using discrete speaker topographies differently under different codecs. The speaker tweeters are AMT ribbons (that like the interesting lady in the youtube expounds) sound infinitely more fatigue free than all the California horn based speaker brands, regrettably, the avsforum ( very incorrectly in my opinion) have espoused compression drivers. What a crime? time will tell.

So I have high confidence that this will be the ultimate home cinematic immersion experience of the century. That Silicon Valley Entrepreneur needed the 48 speaker setup. Since I have been doing this for a long time I can predict that many A-Listers in California will follow suit. 15 years later this will trickle down to most, MY ONLY GOAL, which I am used to seeing happen..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations on Having an 18 zone abode. Playing devils advocate why would you use DIGIMEDIA a LOSSY distribution system with palpable image degradation and then feed it Lossy setop boxes from Apple and ROKU or whatever? Between the 15% image quality degradation of Crestron and the 10% inferior quality of apple tv STB as opposed to buying 17 x 2019 flatscreens which all have these apps built in and result by virtue of them sources being internal a less crappy image. You mentioned picture quality. What Gives?

The above model with some zones audio (multichannel and stereo zones (2-3) handled by say Marantz receivers will give a far better visual and auditory experience than the 25-year-old CRESTRON HOME. Drop a few Strato-c 's on those atmos enabled zones and you have the future of multiroom (distributed).

I REFUSE TO STOP- YOU STOP TROLLING WITH YOUR PREHISTORIC MANTRA FLUSHING THE INDUSTRY down into the lowest common denominator TOILET. TWhat may appear to you aa these outrageously expensive immersive systems of the present are the common man's systems of the future. I have participated in such long view technological socially conscious seedings many times over three generations. All of your dvd players had technology built into them that a client of mine paid 50k in 1989, Faroudja. My Moon and Mars shot projects are the prototype connected living room of mid 21st century. A trillion dollar Industry.

And even if a system costs 1.5 million, but it feels like 7 million, what a better value to have?

Last edited:
What may appear to you aa these outrageously expensive immersive systems of the present are the common man's systems of the future.

Show me one "common" man that has 48 speakers in his theater. I know for a fact that Steven Spielberg doesn't have that in his home either. Some have money to burn and, burn it! Most of us have families and wives that would look at us cross-eyed to impose our will so much on their space (it is shared by the way). If they're happy, I'm happy. I'm glad you enjoy yourself. Have at it. I'd rather invest in crypto. :)

It is not a matter of imposing will, for most homes 16 channels will do the job, I am happy with 13 very well placed, but 48 speakers are the ultimate frontier for the home.

Whether you realize it or not, it is in our DNA to appreciate immersion bubbles. Archeocosticians have found immersive sound fields dating 60,000 years in Africa, then 12,00 years in the caves of Spain and France and 3,000 years in the Scottish Stone circles.

I argue every single human being, longs to experience that, your wife included if i may be so bold. For that the Strato rocks, the WW Director Of Dolby Cinema agrees. The challenge is to dissapear the speakers or make them look like ornaments.

testimonials.png

NEPTUNE+X-1+SPEAKERS.png

large_Brickell-Flatiron-UPH-1%2Bsound%2Bpod.png

wallskreen+skylounge+miami.jpg

Back