• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Premiere Web UI overhaul

mpierson

Hi all, I see from the Strato install guide that it seems to have a different and relatively modern admin UI.

Was wondering if K is planning to overhaul the Premiere UI in a similar fashion?

My heart sinks a little every time I visit the admin UI, like I've been transported back to 2004.

Ok, ok - it makes sense they're prioritising their finite resources for the future and Encore, but Premiere is still on sale with a mighty price tag and USP for someone like me who has a lot of content which will likely never make it into the store, especially in the UK. Surely it deserves a bit of love and someone can at least stick a new CSS style sheet on it :)

Love the product (and this forum!), but this is just one of a number of head scratchers for me in terms of the Kaleidescape experience competing in 2016, especially with its status as a premium product. Native on screen search (with the regular remote, not just iPad and control systems) and ability to browse movies, settings etc with what’s now playing available picture in picture, being among the others.

We could also use some more space (or variable sizing) in the Vault Name column. There is more space than the default name we can enter when customizing, and can even display on the vault normally, but it doubles the length of the Disc Vaults report because the columns are fixed-width.

Hoping an 'overhaul' would include getting rid of flash...

(I don't have flash in my browsers, and get a warning in the 'import' view)

FWIW, the only thing Flash is used for on the Import page is to play a little sound when a disc import completes.

FWIW, the only thing Flash is used for on the Import page is to play a little sound when a disc import completes.

Thanks--I wondered what it was used for, since I didn't see any obviously missing functionality. I suppose that makes getting rid of it fairly unimportant...

:)

We really should just do away with the warning message, if nothing else. I'll file an issue for that one.

Back