• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Online collections

SimonSays

I suppose most of us sooner or later face the issue where our storage runs out, and not all movies can be stored locally.
So then the dance begins to delete played movies, download new ones, and so on.

But then pretty soon any collections that were created are broken up and incomplete.

Therefore, can we have a way to sync collections online? So we can both manage and view them on K-Store, and on any storage as well.

This also ties into the option of being able to see all owned movies on a device, even if it's not downloaded locally.

Exactly! This is one of my biggest issues having 22TB.

The movies you own that aren't downloaded should appear on the movie wall with a grey check mark instead of green. I imagine it would be easy for the system to catalog the metadata for those titles and even at 1GbE speeds, downloading is minutes, let alone with a Prime and faster Internet speeds these days.

I only imagine the line between downloaded content and downloaded-on-demand/cloud storage is going to blurred even more.

Here in RDU we can get up to 8Gb Internet from Google and if if the networking (10GbE) were in place on says a "Prime+", who knows, all you might ever need is an 8TB SSD since downloads would be so fast!

Here in RDU we can get up to 8Gb Internet from Google and if if the networking (10GbE) were in place on says a "Prime+", who knows, all you might ever need is an 8TB SSD since downloads would be so fast!

I think therein lies the issue for Kaleidescape. What would incentivize customers to buy larger capacity servers if they could view all purchased titles in cover view (currently a reserved benefit for those with larger servers that can download the titles) as well as download titles near-instantly?

I’m all for a better consumer experience, I would just hope Kaleidescape can ensure a financial model that supports their longevity.

Back