• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Terra - System cannot contact K store

tnedator

Ok, I had a Terra installed today. When I connect to my store account, it shows the terra. When I connect to my Alto by IP address, it shows both the Terra and Alto.

Component Serial NumberLast Online
Terra xxxxxxxxx Today at 4:34pm
Alto withstorage xxxxxxxxx Today at 4:34pm

When I go to store, downloads it shows the capacity of the Terra, so it clearly connected to Kscape at some point. However, now at 9:11 nearly five hours after it says it last connected, I get the following error in the download manager on the store.

Your system cannot contact the Kaleidescape Store.
Connect your system to the Internet in order to resume existing downloads and allow new downloads to begin.

12% done, server not in contact

Any thoughts as to what's going on and how I fix it?

Thanks

In short, Mike's post explains that demand has been causing some issues with Store downloads.

Others have received the same message you did, but after a time were able to get their downloads restarted, I'd say keep trying, it might be the demand on the Store server's causing these issues.

Jim

In short, Mike's post explains that demand has been causing some issues with Store downloads.

Others have received the same message you did, but after a time were able to get their downloads restarted, I'd say keep trying, it might be the demand on the Store server's causing these issues.

Jim

The message still exists (cannot connect to store), but movies have downloaded, but I would say at 30-50% of normal speed. Instead of 1:20 - 1:50 per movie, they seem to be in the 3:30-4:00 range.

The message still exists (cannot connect to store), but movies have downloaded, but I would say at 30-50% of normal speed. Instead of 1:20 - 1:50 per movie, they seem to be in the 3:30-4:00 range.

Based on messaging and details received thus far, it's unlikely that any consistency for downloads can be expected. As more people complete their downloads it's possible that this will free up store resources allowing there to be a more stable and consistent experience but until that time behavior is unlikely to be predictable.

Hopefully, the store will return in all it's glory.

The Store is really, really busy right now folks, and this is likely the cause of all of these issues being reported. Many folks ordered all of the digital offers in their accounts, in addition to the new releases. Patience will be needed for the next several days.

Jim

For what it's worth, it seems more responsive today than it was yesterday. I'm no longer getting the timeout-induced connection message, and my downloads are proceeding well, if a bit more slowly than normal.

For what it's worth, it seems more responsive today than it was yesterday. I'm no longer getting the timeout-induced connection message, and my downloads are proceeding well, if a bit more slowly than normal.

I'm finding it's up and down. The last couple movies were 2 1/2 hours. The current movie is showing this.

24% done, 185 hours 50 minutes left at 0.4 Mbps

:eek:

I have 600+ UV titles, about 2/3's of which are also on Kscape, but I was waiting for my Terra server (got sick of constantly deleting content on Alto to download new movies UV or store), which my dealer had for 7 weeks before he got me in his schedule. I wish I had just gone and picked it up. Even at the old speeds I figured it would take about a month to download them all. At current speeds, multiple months.

In my case, the store has remained responsive(ish) but my download speeds are pretty much half of what I normally got. I've also had one title consistently fail to download. Under normal circumstances, I'd have simply scraped the logs for the store and my system(s) but alas...

Ok, I had a Terra installed today. When I connect to my store account, it shows the terra. When I connect to my Alto by IP address, it shows both the Terra and Alto.

Component Serial NumberLast Online
Terra xxxxxxxxx Today at 4:34pm
Alto withstorage xxxxxxxxx Today at 4:34pm

When I go to store, downloads it shows the capacity of the Terra, so it clearly connected to Kscape at some point. However, now at 9:11 nearly five hours after it says it last connected, I get the following error in the download manager on the store.

Your system cannot contact the Kaleidescape Store.
Connect your system to the Internet in order to resume existing downloads and allow new downloads to begin.

12% done, server not in contact

Any thoughts as to what's going on and how I fix it?

Thanks

This is a common error that has been cropping up since the Movie Store started getting hammered because of Kscape's problems. I've been seeing that error message for several days but my movies have continued to download from the Movie Store with an average speed of ~40 Mbps. In short, unless the Store goes down for good, you should be all right.

This is a common error that has been cropping up since the Movie Store started getting hammered because of Kscape's problems. I've been seeing that error message for several days but my movies have continued to download from the Movie Store with an average speed of ~40 Mbps. In short, unless the Store goes down for good, you should be all right.

Yea, when I posted that, I didn't know about the Kscape company situation.

By and large, I'm getting ~35 Mbps and movies are taking about twice as long as pre shut down.

In my case, the store has remained responsive(ish) but my download speeds are pretty much half of what I normally got. I've also had one title consistently fail to download. Under normal circumstances, I'd have simply scraped the logs for the store and my system(s) but alas...

Hey John,

Yeah, I'm getting about 65Mbps down at the moment. I would normally be getting around 100, so half-ish. I had one title fail to download. I've re-queued it, so we'll see what happens.

Hey John,

Yeah, I'm getting about 65Mbps down at the moment. I would normally be getting around 100, so half-ish. I had one title fail to download. I've re-queued it, so we'll see what happens.

I've gone from ~35Mbps to more like ~65Mbps but also dealing with some cable problems, so have inconsistent speeds.

I no longer get the can't connect to store message, and most movies are taking less than 2 hours.

It looks like the major hammering of the store has eased up and performance is returning to normal.

My downloads have improved too. Also, I haven't seen an error message on the Movie Store site since late yesterday afternoon. I can live with what I am getting now, ~60 Mbps.

I'm happy to hear that everyone's store download speeds have improved and things have stabilised. Looking at the behaviours of the store and my local system, I can hazard some guesses as to what has been done to help alleviate the issues but in the end all that really matters is that everyone is able to get their movies onto their systems.

I'm happy to hear that everyone's store download speeds have improved and things have stabilised. Looking at the behaviours of the store and my local system, I can hazard some guesses as to what has been done to help alleviate the issues but in the end all that really matters is that everyone is able to get their movies onto their systems.

John -- So long as I have fair confidence that the Movie Store is going to continue to operate for a while, I will be buying more titles there, beginning after the rest of my library has been downloaded to My Strato. That should happen within the next couple of days or so, assuming my download speeds remain consistent.

Based on what you know or suspect of the store, to you anticipate new titles to continue appearing? UV rights to be transferred to or from K scape to other providers?

Based on what you know or suspect of the store, to you anticipate new titles to continue appearing? UV rights to be transferred to or from K scape to other providers?

I honestly can't answer your first question. Like Mike, I have been laid off so while I know how content is processed and added to the store, I have no idea if there are actually people carrying out that process. I *suspect* that new content will continue to appear but that's pure speculation.

As for UV, the backend processes for that are largely automatic so if the store is up then UV rights processing should continue.

Back