• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Store Features!

Hi @MikeKobb. How big of a lift would it be to give the ability to create a secondary wish list in our accounts?

I use the Wish List extensively as a queue of stuff we want to watch or rent. Kind of the initial list to view when deciding what to watch tonight.

I'd love a secondary list where I could add all the titles in my PLEX library and just wait for them to go on sale so I can continue to minimize the storage requirements on that system. Not necessarily titles I am itching to watch, but stuff I'd like to eventually grab on Kaleidescape when opportunity presents itself.

I'd add them to my existing wish list, but then all the 'hot' items in the wish list would end up at the bottom and I'd have to scroll through all the other titles every time we want to watch something.

Just a thought.

I had a movie on my wish list that went on sale and did not receive any type of email. Of course following the movies on sale thread, maybe I purchased before K had a chance to send me an email. My wish list is full of Warner movies.
As far as I can tell, you only get the notification for official sales that have a time limit.

For the Warner titles, they tend to start high and drop slowly over time. For example, starting at $39.99 and dropping to $34.99. In that case, it’s just a new price and not a sale, so you don’t get the notification. At least, that’s what it looks like to me based on my limited experience.

But I agree that we should get notified for all price drops.

Hi @MikeKobb. How big of a lift would it be to give the ability to create a secondary wish list in our accounts?

I use the Wish List extensively as a queue of stuff we want to watch or rent. Kind of the initial list to view when deciding what to watch tonight.

I'd love a secondary list where I could add all the titles in my PLEX library and just wait for them to go on sale so I can continue to minimize the storage requirements on that system. Not necessarily titles I am itching to watch, but stuff I'd like to eventually grab on Kaleidescape when opportunity presents itself.

I'd add them to my existing wish list, but then all the 'hot' items in the wish list would end up at the bottom and I'd have to scroll through all the other titles every time we want to watch something.

Just a thought.

I agree that a second list would be good. I thought about requesting something similar before. I think they should just call it a shopping cart, but it could have similar functionality to the wish list.

I used to browse the store and use the wish list as a kind of shopping cart. Basically, just browse the store and keep adding titles to the wish list. When I’m done browsing, then I look in the wish list and see what the total cost is and maybe remove a few. Then just buy everything that’s left on the wish list.

Now, I want to use the wish list as intended for the notification feature, but I lose the shopping cart functionality.

Hello all!

We've deployed a new software release to the movie store and it has some features I hope people will be excited about.

When are you going to deploy a new software release that lets me buy anything from the store?

I agree that a second list would be good. I thought about requesting something similar before. I think they should just call it a shopping cart, but it could have similar functionality to the wish list.

I used to browse the store and use the wish list as a kind of shopping cart. Basically, just browse the store and keep adding titles to the wish list. When I’m done browsing, then I look in the wish list and see what the total cost is and maybe remove a few. Then just buy everything that’s left on the wish list.

Now, I want to use the wish list as intended for the notification feature, but I lose the shopping cart functionality.
A Wish List and a Queue.

Reasonably large. That being said, I would personally love this feature, so I hope that we can find time in the schedule for it at some point.
I started a thread on this earlier but didn’t get any replies :)

Just a thought.
Can't you use the 'watch soon' pre-defined collection for that already?

I'll be honest I don't use the collections actively in part because I am never quite sure how to access them from the different apps/www screens etc. but I know that collection is an option from the direct access screen of the server. That would handle choosing from the movies you own that you want to watch. Not sure if 'collections' extend to movies you don't own. I am guessing not. Perhaps extending that collections feature to include unowned movies provides a flexible solution because you can already customise those collections. But....

Can't you use the 'watch soon' pre-defined collection for that already?

I'll be honest I don't use the collections actively in part because I am never quite sure how to access them from the different apps/www screens etc. but I know that collection is an option from the direct access screen of the server. That would handle choosing from the movies you own that you want to watch. Not sure if 'collections' extend to movies you don't own. I am guessing not. Perhaps extending that collections feature to include unowned movies provides a flexible solution because you can already customise those collections. But....
That’s reserved for things already in my library. My “Watch Soon” would include things we own, things we’d like to rent/buy, and upcoming releases/pre-orders.

Plus, I never use Collections for the same reason as you. I find it an interesting feature and a relatively poor implementation.

Back