• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Store Features!

MikeKobb

◥ ◣ Kaleidescape, Inc.
Hello all!

We've deployed a new software release to the movie store and it has some features I hope people will be excited about.

First, the store will now notify you when a movie on your Wish List goes on sale. These notifications are sent by email and push notification to the mobile app, as well as a bottom-of-screen "toast" notification on the web. The email and push notification include the title or titles of the movies that are on sale. The toast doesn't have room to show the list of titles, but the store will automatically sort items that are on sale to the top of the list so they're still easy to find.

Second, we've improved Superbundles for cases where customers already own a good number of the movies. This is best described with some examples.

Previously, let's say that there was a Superbundle offer with seven movies that are usually $19.99 each, and the offer was "Buy at least four movies and pay only $9.99 each". If you already owned four of the movies, you'd have no way to qualify for the bundle, and if you wanted to buy the three remaining movies, you'd pay $59.97 for those three.

With the new version of the store, it will present a modified bundle offer that will give you a discount if you buy the remaining titles. Your cost to buy the remaining movies will be what you would have paid if you bought the minimum number of titles in the original offer. So, in the case described above, the minimum was 4 movies at $9.99, or $39.96. Since you're buying the three remaining movies, that works out to $13.32 each. You are paying a little more per title, but you still save $20!

I know that some people have asked to be able to just pay the Superbundle price for the remaining movies, but that's not how these offers are structured with the content licensors. The offers are made with the understanding that there's a minimum dollar amount, so this new feature satisfies that requirement while still giving our customers a nice benefit.

If you already own so many of the movies (like, six of the seven) that it's less expensive for you to simply buy the remaining movie(s), then the store will just tell you that you own too many movies to qualify for the offer, and allow you to buy the remaining movies at the un-bundled price.

These new store features are present on the web, and in the latest versions of the iOS and Android apps. Enjoy!

First, the store will now notify you when a movie on your Wish List goes on sale. These notifications are sent by email and push notification to the mobile app, as well as a bottom-of-screen "toast" notification on the web. The email and push notification include the title or titles of the movies that are on sale. The toast doesn't have room to show the list of titles, but the store will automatically sort items that are on sale to the top of the list so they're still easy to find.
YES YES YES !

Awesome, I always checked my Wish List after the new sales, this is great and the Superbundle update!

I'm new to the K world but impressed with what I'm seeing (literally and figuratively :))!

Great news! Big deal with the wish list sale notifications and those sale items being at the top of the list. Thank you

While I like the concept of being notified items in the wish list are available cheaper, is there an ability to customize the notification methods, particularly without having it impact other notification schemes? One or two of those methods are fine, but the third day of singing telegrams after bypassing the other messages gets a bit much.

Currently, no. What sort of customization would you like to see? Also, is it the frequency of the messages that is irksome? I know that this week we had a couple of rounds of movies added to the Special Pricing category, so that led to several notifications.

Thanks for the updates! I don't think the push notifications are working on Android app. I got email but no push notification, and i have the latest version of the app.

Hmmm. I will ask the team to check into that. There are settings (More -> Notification Settings) ... make sure you haven't turned them off.

Hmmm. I will ask the team to check into that. There are settings (More -> Notification Settings) ... make sure you haven't turned them off.
Thanks Mike. Here are screenshots of what I see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231020_191610_Kaleidescape.jpg
    Screenshot_20231020_191610_Kaleidescape.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20231020_191532_Kaleidescape.jpg
    Screenshot_20231020_191532_Kaleidescape.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20231020_191753_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20231020_191753_Google Play Store.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 21
Yep, that looks fine. Our main engineering campus is on East Coast time, so they've headed home for the weekend, but I've asked somebody to take a look and see what we see on Monday.

I assume if you tap on the Notifications item in the tab bar, there are no notifications there for wishlist items on sale, right?

Currently, no. What sort of customization would you like to see? Also, is it the frequency of the messages that is irksome? I know that this week we had a couple of rounds of movies added to the Special Pricing category, so that led to several notifications.
Mostly just the ability to say which channels I'd like those notifications to go out over (part of me says a drop-box with all the combinations, but then I figured having an array of the difference message types and methods would be overall better than just focusing on this one.) Personally, I found email the least meaningful, because I had already seen it on the push alert and coincidently hit the website before checking my email, but that's the only one where it spells-out which titles, so in that respect it's the only one useful enough to tell me in advance (hence my feeling of not knowing which way/combination I'd ultimately pick.)

Posting frequency didn't feel like as big an issue (compared to getting notified repeatedly for each one.) Selecting a digest cadence might be nice but would be counterproductive for flash/one-day sales (not that you've historically done many of those.)

I had a movie on my wish list that went on sale and did not receive any type of email. Of course following the movies on sale thread, maybe I purchased before K had a chance to send me an email. My wish list is full of Warner movies.

Back