• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Store Feature: Content Sets

Sorry if it wasn't clear. This was my answer to your earlier question about whether content sets are limited-time entities.

There is currently not any display in the store to indicate that a set's price is discounted. That might come at some point in the future.
It's OK Mike, I don't see any blame here. I had just interpreted that to mean that the current set of prices were the long term ones and that at time to time the ability to further discount those was also available. Obviously some of them were on sale but we couldn't tell which ones, or at least I couldn't. It's no major issue for me as I had bought most but not all of the ones I wanted but those were the least important ones anyway. I have many of the full sets already.

All good stuff and a good new feature.

Same here Mike - I just assumed there would be some sort of sign in the store. User error takes any blame here :) It's great to see the store developing like this.

@MikeKobb Can we get a John Wick content set? Apple has one for $34.99, and it would be great to get all 4 movies on Kscape for less than the $20-25/movie price that is currently on offer.

Happy to see the Pirates of the Caribbean content set. Almost bought during the last $14.99 sale. Buying the set is a little cheaper at $13 per movie

I had to ask about that one, because it was a surprise to me as well. Apparently, the set as it was listed on the store was actually a limited-time reduced ("sale") price, and while we got pricing information for that sale, we did not get price/availability information to apply once the temporary price reduction had expired, so it had to be taken down.

I know this goes contrary to an earlier answer to a question that was asked about whether sets were long-lived entities or if they were more similar to limited-time Super Bundles. I believe that my earlier answer (they're long-lived) remains true in general. This seems to have been an exception. I don't know whether we'll see this set return with regular pricing eventually. I sort of expect that we will, but that's just a guess on my part.

Would love to see an "Outlander" content set. This would also be a great one to have episodes of the current season available as/soon after they air.

Not sure I'd say that. Because they're long-lived, the number of Content Sets continues to grow. I think they'll always outnumber Superbundles, which are time-limited, so they come and go. We just had a Superbundle offer for the X-Men franchise, for example. It ran from 7/15 to 8/1. I know we have others planned.

We used to have the Omen II and IV. The Omen collection would be nice if we can get all 5 films.

It would be awesome if we could have content sets for:

1. Aliens (including prometheus and covenant)
2. Avatar
3. all MCU movies in one content set
4. Batman Movies
5. beverly Hills Cop
6. SuperMan movies
7. Oceans 11 series
8. IPman
9. Die Hard
10. Kung Fu panda
11. Blade
12. The equalizer
13. godzilla
14. Kill Bill
15. DCU movies
16. Spider man Movies
17. Terminator
18. X-men

It would be awesome if we could have content sets for:

1. Aliens (including prometheus and covenant)
2. Avatar
3. all MCU movies in one content set
4. Batman Movies
5. beverly Hills Cop
6. SuperMan movies
7. Oceans 11 series
8. IPman
9. Die Hard
10. Kung Fu panda
11. Blade
12. The equalizer
13. godzilla
14. The Quentin Tarantino Movies
15. DCU movies
16. Spider man Movies
17. Terminator
18. X-men
Fixed it for you :cool:

Hi All!

I purchased Zombieland (2009) & Zombieland Double Tap(2019) to play on new Strato C, from 8Tb Terra Prime. My JVC rs2100 defaulted to filmmaker mode and everything else the same on JVC Info tab, except Max CLL/MaxFALL of 10,000/1166nitsfor the 2009title and 4,000/391nits, for the 2019 title.

The 2009 was clearer darker, whilst the 2019 appeared "natural"\," but reported filmmaker mode. The numeric values seem anachronistically disparate, as well as quite unexpected in any case, for the 2009 title.

Anamolous? Anyone with comments-most welcome.

Thank you very much

FURY

Back