• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Store Feature: Content Sets

Hmmmm. Do you happen to have the mobile app? Could you take a look at whether it's doing the same thing?

Hmmmm. Do you happen to have the mobile app? Could you take a look at whether it's doing the same thing?
So, my web browser is wrong, but the Mobile app on my iPhone shows the correct price of $24.99, which is the price of the first Guardians of the Galaxy:

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 9.17.28 PM.jpeg

Thanks for checking. It's possible that theres a bug on the web side. I will escalate immediately!

D'oh. I'm sorry. This is the problem I run into when I'm running code that's more recent than is published! If you actually click that yellow button on the web store, it will open the purchase sheet, and that sheet should show you the correct, discounted price. Rendering the discounted price into the button on the main set page required additional "plumbing" that just didn't make it in time for the initial release, but is coming Real Soon Now™. Please give that a try and let me know if you don't see the expected price in the actual purchase interface.

D'oh. I'm sorry. This is the problem I run into when I'm running code that's more recent than is published! If you actually click that yellow button on the web store, it will open the purchase sheet, and that sheet should show you the correct, discounted price. Rendering the discounted price into the button on the main set page required additional "plumbing" that just didn't make it in time for the initial release, but is coming Real Soon Now™. Please give that a try and let me know if you don't see the expected price in the actual purchase interface.
Yes, the purchase sheet shows the correct price ($24.99).

Okay, phew. So that's behaving as expected for now. Soon to be improved to show the correct price from the start.

I have a suggestion for the content sets page. Right now the page is a bit too unwieldy. It's hard for me to quickly see which sets are being sold because I have to keep scrolling down and . My suggestion is to turn that page into a normal movies page where it's 1 set poster per content set and you can show the price there also. And when someone clicks on the poster, it takes you to the set page like Avengers 4-Movie Set to purchase the set. This change will make it so much easier to browse content sets especially when you start to have many more.

I have a suggestion for the content sets page. Right now the page is a bit too unwieldy. It's hard for me to quickly see which sets are being sold because I have to keep scrolling down and . My suggestion is to turn that page into a normal movies page where it's 1 set poster per content set and you can show the price there also. And when someone clicks on the poster, it takes you to the set page like Avengers 4-Movie Set to purchase the set. This change will make it so much easier to browse content sets especially when you start to have many more.
Stay tuned.

Quite a few of the content sets have gone up in price now. So they must have been on 'sale'. I must have misunderstood an answer to a question because I thought those were the ongoing prices. I bought most that I had wanted but hope others aren't caught out by this.

Quite a few of the content sets have gone up in price now. So they must have been on 'sale'. I must have misunderstood an answer to a question because I thought those were the ongoing prices. I bought most that I had wanted but hope others aren't caught out by this.
I "missed" the Toy Story set at the lower price. I own everything else except Game of Thrones and Yellowstone+1883. Not sure if I ever rewatch those but the content set price is tempting. Especially if the price will double up real soon.

I "missed" the Toy Story set at the lower price. I own everything else except Game of Thrones and Yellowstone+1883. Not sure if I ever rewatch those but the content set price is tempting. Especially if the price will double up real soon.

The same here, I must have missed the "special price" signs on the content sets. Could have sworn I didn't see any signs in the web store. I planned to grab the Mission Impossible set, but will hold off for now. Are any of the other sets currently on sale?

Admittedly, I got the impression that the prices were ongoing as well, but reread the thread and Mike definitely pointed out that they were on sale for the launch.

Incidentally, speaking of the ability to have sets on sale, they are! The Star Wars and Marvel sets are being offered this week at a discounted price as part of launching the new feature. Even without the discount, they’ll still be less expensive than buying everything individually, but if you’re thinking of buying them, now’s a good time!

Andy

Sorry if it wasn't clear. This was my answer to your earlier question about whether content sets are limited-time entities.

They're intended to be long-lived. As mentioned earlier, as with movies, it's possible for them to be put on sale for a limited time, but at the end of the sale, the set would still be there, just at its regular price (which would still be less than buying all the movies individually).

The same here, I must have missed the "special price" signs on the content sets. Could have sworn I didn't see any signs in the web store. I planned to grab the Mission Impossible set, but will hold off for now. Are any of the other sets currently on sale?
There is currently not any display in the store to indicate that a set's price is discounted. That might come at some point in the future.

this is now live !
IMG_0969.jpeg

Great. Can you put the price and discounted price (if applicable) also on that page, so one can easily see what the price is? Also, would be great to mention how many movies. So bonds set will be something like:

23 Movies Set $269.99

And if it's on discount:

23 Movies Set $269.99 $199.99

Small improvements to make the store easier to use.

Sorry if it wasn't clear. This was my answer to your earlier question about whether content sets are limited-time entities.

There is currently not any display in the store to indicate that a set's price is discounted. That might come at some point in the future.
It's OK Mike, I don't see any blame here. I had just interpreted that to mean that the current set of prices were the long term ones and that at time to time the ability to further discount those was also available. Obviously some of them were on sale but we couldn't tell which ones, or at least I couldn't. It's no major issue for me as I had bought most but not all of the ones I wanted but those were the least important ones anyway. I have many of the full sets already.

All good stuff and a good new feature.

Great. Can you put the price and discounted price (if applicable) also on that page, so one can easily see what the price is? Also, would be great to mention how many movies. So bonds set will be something like:

23 Movies Set $269.99

And if it's on discount:

23 Movies Set $269.99 $199.99

Small improvements to make the store easier to use.
Almost all of the artwork does contain the number of films in the set already, but a common interface element would be nice, and would prevent K from having to recreate the artwork every time there's a new superhero movie (i.e. daily).

Back