• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Store Feature: Content Sets

Just a thought, which I am sure is already posted if maybe articulated in a different way and has certainly been mentioned before is, Set Completer offers. Especially with the bigger sets, I am sure that people end up with gaps in their collections due to cherry picking or circumstance.

So with these collection sets, they could maybe offer the full set as now but a secondary ‘set completer offer’ maybe at slightly higher than the pro rata per movie price, because we would be buying less in this order and only available if you buy them all to complete the full set? That or consider alongside the Collection offers a matching buy any 3 + to get a lower price. Maybe even both.

The point being it gets more sales, more sales are meaningful to the customer base and if you buy more then you get the best price. Hopefully we all win :)

I concur. It shouldn't be too hard to program either. For example, for the 9 movie Star Wars set that cost $84.99, for every movie that you already have, you get a credit for $9.99. So if you already have 3 movies, it will cost $84.99 - 3 * $9.99 = $55.02. This would lead to a lot of people completing their sets. Would be a win/win.

I think it already works like that or at least it did for the James Bond set I purchased yesterday as that was advertised at a fixed price for all the films in UHD / HDR but as I had the Daniel Craig films already purchased in HDR the amount charged to my card was less so a credit must have been applied.

NOW they introduce bundles. I've been out here doing this the hard way for every collection they're currently offering.

NOW they introduce bundles. I've been out here doing this the hard way for every collection they're currently offering.
There used to be sales (bundle pricing), where if you bought "x or more" from a group, usually related, you'd get them at a deeply discounted rate. Very annoying if you have 7 out of 9 movies, but need 3 or more from the 9 in the order to get the discount...

I concur. It shouldn't be too hard to program either. For example, for the 9 movie Star Wars set that cost $84.99, for every movie that you already have, you get a credit for $9.99. So if you already have 3 movies, it will cost $84.99 - 3 * $9.99 = $55.02. This would lead to a lot of people completing their sets. Would be a win/win.
I mentioned this earlier, but let me just reiterate. These content sets are similar to individual movies, in that they are a single unit (a “SKU” if you guys know that term) offered by the content licensors, who also determine the pricing. The price for the set is lower than the price of buying all of the movies individually, but that discount is predicated on buying the whole set.

They can also offer even lower “sale” pricing on the sets, which is currently the case with the Star Wars and Marvel sets. Right now, for many people, even if you already own many of the movies in the set, it’s still less expensive to buy the full set than to buy the remaining movies individually.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that it’s not a matter of programming. It’s a matter of the content licensors making a business decision about how they will offer their movies for sale. In this instance, they have not said, “Hey, you can sell these movies for $9.99/ea in any combination you feel like.” (That does happen sometimes as well, of course, and this is when we’re able to offer limited-time sales.)

The one piece of special sauce that we have added on the content sets is just to make sure that if you would pay less by buying movies individually (because you already own many of the movies in the set, or because you have upgrade/DtD offers), the store will sell you those individual titles instead.

I hope that helps to clarify things a bit.

There used to be sales (bundle pricing), where if you bought "x or more" from a group, usually related, you'd get them at a deeply discounted rate.
Those still exist. They’re called “Super Bundles”. I don’t know if there are any active right now, but they will continue to be offered.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the detailed response. I hope to see more of these content sets!

Well I just bought the MIB bundle. I previously purchased the first MIB. The bundle was listed at $39.99. So I was only purchasing 3 of the 4 movies. It still charged me the full $39.99, no credit for the previously owned original. :(

Well I just bought the MIB bundle. I previously purchased the first MIB. The bundle was listed at $39.99. So I was only purchasing 3 of the 4 movies. It still charged me the full $39.99, no credit for the previously owned original. :(

Yea, I think a member above misspoke (or got lucky!)

In line with Mike Kobb’s explanation, you do not receive a credit for previously owned titles… with this exception below (per Mike):

“The one piece of special sauce that we have added on the content sets is just to make sure that if you would pay less by buying movies individually (because you already own many of the movies in the set, or because you have upgrade/DtD offers), the store will sell you those individual titles instead.”

I purchased the Bond set having already owned about 5 titles and paid the full price of $269. Still a great deal IMO.

Yea, I think a member above misspoke (or got lucky!)

In line with Mike Kobb’s explanation, you do not receive a credit for previously owned titles… with this exception below (per Mike):

“The one piece of special sauce that we have added on the content sets is just to make sure that if you would pay less by buying movies individually (because you already own many of the movies in the set, or because you have upgrade/DtD offers), the store will sell you those individual titles instead.”

I purchased the Bond set having already owned about 5 titles and paid the full price of $269. Still a great deal IMO.
Yeah I misunderstood how it worked. Wouldn't have bought the other titles if I realized it. You live you learn!

Ah. Must be in app only. Is the price for the collection $269?
$269.99, yes (at least in the US).

Sets are available in the iOS app and on the web. Android coming any day now. This is what you should see when you go to the link for the James Bond set on the web. Click the yellow button to purchase.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 6.29.09 PM.png

Reactions: jfh
Back