• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Kscape Products

Looks like 2.5 GB ethernet is the big addition to the existing terra line, and they're adding solid state servers.

Yes ... all new board, faster processor, faster Ethernet, and faster solid-state drives. With SSD, it will download 4K Kaleidescape movies in as little as 4 minutes, and play up to 25 4K zones simultaneously.

Interesting. No more Compact Terra? That's a huge footprint for 8TB. Can hard drives be added if you get an 8TB Terra Prime?

Interesting. No more Compact Terra? That's a huge footprint for 8TB. Can hard drives be added if you get an 8TB Terra Prime?

The 8TB and 22TB and still compact Terra servers.

Jim

Nice... so glad I held out on getting a new Terra (Bought used 40TB from Jim a few months ago)
The speed of download is the key feature - 4 minutes, now we are talking.
At that speed a 7.36TB SSD Terra is good enough to leave the movies on the cloud and have the speed to download one quickly when you need to watch. I just wish K gives a option to choose which Terra you nwant to download a movie.
Good things come to those who wait.

... just wish K gives a option to choose which Terra you nwant to download a movie.
We haven't added that capability but rest assured that downloads will go to a Terra Prime or Compact Terra Prime in the system before any other server.

If you're a dealer, the price list and order system is live on the Kaleidescape Extranet.

Anyone have MSRP prices on all the new equipment?

Compact Terra Prime 8TB $4,995
Compact Terra Prime 8TB (SSD) $9,995
Compact Terra Prime 22TB $9,995
Terra Prime 31TB (SSD) $24,995
Terra Prime 48TB $15,995
Terra Prime 88TB $24,995

There are several Promotions related to combinations of these new Terra servers and Strato-C's, contact your dealer for more information, but I'll also be publishing those sales in a separate thread shortly.

Jim

Compact Terra Prime 8TB $4,995
Compact Terra Prime 8TB (SSD) $9,995
Compact Terra Prime 22TB $9,995
Terra Prime 31TB (SSD) $24,995
Terra Prime 48TB $15,995
Terra Prime 88TB $24,995

There are several Promotions related to combinations of these new Terra servers and Strato-C's, contact your dealer for more information, but I'll also be publishing those sales in a separate thread shortly.

Jim
Nice! Glad I’ve held out on upgrading to the 48tb. Great to see that the new Terra Prime 48TB is the same price. 👍🏼

Ditto, I just got a 6 TB Terra on May 5th, and I’ve already accumulated ~450 movies with the large majority being 4K HDR.

I know you gotta make money Kscape, but I’m just saying a generous Black Friday offer and the new hardware would likely get me to pull the trigger on a 48.

I’d also take a trade-in offer on the 6TB.

Really, just give me a valid argument I can make with the wife because a 6TB terra and 2 strato C’s put me right up against our agreed upon annual AV spending budget.

I ordered a new 48 TB Terra last week. They just installed it today and it's a Terra Prime. Very lucky for me, but then again, I won't really notice much of a difference in my set up.

Back