• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movies on Sale...

Decreased
• $24.99 The Holdovers (2023) HDR DTS-HD Master 5.1 ↓ $5.00

As of right now, there is no planned 4K physical release for this movie, only blu-ray/dvd expected next week. So Kaleidescape really is the definitive way to watch this title.

Quick note- I was so fond of it that I started digging through the other Alexander Payne titles on K and noticed Election (1999) is also available in 4K HDR and ONLY on Kaleidescape. There was a Criterion release on blu-ray from a 4K transfer but no actual physical 4K release (I’m excluding digital retailers as they don’t compare in quality.)

Kudos to Kaleidescape!

I thought that when you get into these sets but already have some of the movies that it did some calculation and indicated if was better or not to complete the set at this price or buy the missing ones separately? ALl I am getting is a straight buy it option - maybe I am confused....

I thought that when you get into these sets but already have some of the movies that it did some calculation and indicated if was better or not to complete the set at this price or buy the missing ones separately? ALl I am getting is a straight buy it option - maybe I am confused....
It will give you the lowest price between buying all of the missing titles at their current price or the current set price e.g. if you own 2 out of 3 titles in a given set and the last title is $14.99 and the set price is $29.99 you will only pay $14.99 for the last title.

It does. As @mariyoshikong said, it will always give you the most favorable pricing. The user interfaces between the web store and the mobile app are a little different, but on the mobile app at least, if buying the set is still the most favorable, it will tell you how much you're saving by buying the set compared to buying the movies individually.

It does. As @mariyoshikong said, it will always give you the most favorable pricing. The user interfaces between the web store and the mobile app are a little different, but on the mobile app at least, if buying the set is still the most favorable, it will tell you how much you're saving by buying the set compared to buying the movies individually.
I didn’t think that was working last night maybe it was my maths. No thx

Wow, $8.40 per movie. What is the normal price for this set?

If these had the special features it would be an instant purchase. May just get the Blu-ray disc set.
Hi Dave!

I had purchased the Bond movies on various discs, but after D2D, there has been no discount in the set purchase price points.

thank you very much

FURY

Hi Dave!

I had purchased the Bond movies on various discs, but after D2D, there has been no discount in the set purchase price points.

thank you very much

FURY
The set price deal is far greater of a discount than any D2D has been for Bond movies, so that discount will take priority.
(Mine shows $209.99 for all 25 films)

Wow, $8.40 per movie. What is the normal price for this set?

If these had the special features it would be an instant purchase. May just get the Blu-ray disc set.
It is a great price. The reality for most of us I guess is that we already own half of them. I almost wish that I hadn't bought any of them before now because I would have bought the whole set to satisfy the collector instinct that lives strong in my soul :) but in truth there are quite a few that I can't ever imagine having enough time to watch again.

I had all Bonds on D2D, but the discount wasn't much. I bought all of them for $14.99 a piece back in the day...

Hi everyone -- It's day 2 with my new KScape, after years of thinking about it. Blown away by the sound quality in particular, even compared with 4K UHD discs.

But don't want to get too off-topic. Like any true movie fan, I'd like to purchase the Skywalker Series, Star Wars Eps. 1-9, but not in a hurry. Right now its showing $114.99 (and I'm too much of a newb to understand how much Disc-to-Digital is contributing to this price). I understand that there's usually a "May the Fourth" sale on the saga, so I'm wondering what kind of pricing I may expect then (or perhaps some earlier sales) based on past special pricing?

Many thanks,

Mike

Been with Kscape for two years and my Star Wars purchase was on May 4. Almost always $9.99 per movie. You can go back in this thread to the various May 4 and check out what the price was to give you an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi again. Thanks to Jolly for the response above.

Sorry if this isn't the best thread for this, but new question: after cataloging most of my discs, I have a ton of disc to digital offers for under $5. In people's experience, do these prices ever change, or should I pounce on these offers now? Another newb question, is there an option to purchase, but not download, some of these movies, as I'm not sure I want to take up disc space with movies I'll only watch once every 2 or 3 years (and also, my internet speed is on the slow side). Thanks!

Mike

Regarding the question of the price will change that is a difficult question to answer. It all depends on what the studio determines. I would recommend that for any movies that you absolutely don’t want to miss out pull the $5 trigger.

Yes, you can purchase and choose not to download. The current way that the software is though you will not see these movies in your UI as owners but not downloaded in your Kscape UI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back