• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movies on Sale...

But from most DVD/BD's, you can upgrade to either version (Standard or Extended). With CODA, that's not the case. That's my point :)
Not to mention both the CODA version and the theatrical version is included in the 4k disc version of Godfather collection.

One last request on D2D for anyone that has the offer…. is It: Part 1 $4.92 as well?

I’m getting It: part 2 on the Halloween sale, but have the BD for It: part 1 already….don’t want to miss out on the $9.99 sale price since $34.99 usually, but not sure if cheaper on D2D or a wash (I.e, D2D upgrade is $9.99 or higher regardless)

Yes it might be only $5, but the wife giving me the side eye for dropping $200 in less than a week waiting for that Alto to arrive…. Happy wife happy life fellas….😂

Very Interesting.... I got a ping from the iPhone K app reminding me that the Thor and Thunder is last day on sale for 14.99.
Looked into the Web (K store) and saw that the Thor and Thunder Movie is priced at 24.99 (checked I was signed in as many of the movies were with the new cool strike through feature).
Used the iPhone app to buy the movie for 14.99 and the Web Store instantly showed I own the movies.
Something screwy going on the web store - K may want to look into it.

Very Interesting.... I got a ping from the iPhone K app reminding me that the Thor and Thunder is last day on sale for 14.99.
Looked into the Web (K store) and saw that the Thor and Thunder Movie is priced at 24.99 (checked I was signed in as many of the movies were with the new cool strike through feature).
Used the iPhone app to buy the movie for 14.99 and the Web Store instantly showed I own the movies.
Something screwy going on the web store - K may want to look into it.
I think there's an obvious disconnect between when/where the app pulls data vs the store on the players and the website. There are many discrepancies between them, very easy when you look at trailer availability. Not sure why a trailer would be available to watch on the iPhone app but not on the player, and other times vice versa.

I think there's an obvious disconnect between when/where the app pulls data vs the store on the players and the website. There are many discrepancies between them, very easy when you look at trailer availability. Not sure why a trailer would be available to watch on the iPhone app but not on the player, and other times vice versa.
The mobile app and the web store access the identical API on the store headend. The OSD, because it caches a lot of data locally, does some things differently.

The difference you've seen with trailers is because we have historically limited trailers shown in the OSD to ones that have been checked for quality. These trailers come from a third-party service, and some of them are very high quality, while others (usually for older movies) are at a lower quality that looks okay on a small screen like a phone or tablet, but doesn't hold up very well on larger screens.

Also, some trailers that you see in the OSD, for movies that you own, were actually delivered with the movie package. So there can be trailers in the OSD that aren't shown on the web or mobile, if that third-party service doesn't have a trailer for it.

To close the loop on the Superbundle for The Purge, there was a mistake in the email. The correct number of titles for purchase was 3. We apologize for the confusion.

I guess some folks will finally purchase Batman. Warner! ;)
Already owning enough of the others to make bundling irrelevant, and saving three bucks more by cataloguing the blu-ray that came with the 4K set, it just might be time to surrender to this one.

Back