• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movies on Sale...

I'm glad you guys like the strikethrough pricing. These show up for digital offers as well as for movies with special-price offers ("sales").

This is coming soon to the mobile app as well. In the mobile app, for space reasons, you'll see an asterisk after the price on the details sheet, and there's a little text link just below the purchase button that you can tap to view details about the special price. (This is already the case in the mobile app for digital offers; it's being extended to encompass special-price offers as well.)

Or, if you're in the multiple-selection view / Superbundle interface, you'll see the strikethrough pricing there.

I'm glad you guys like the strikethrough pricing. These show up for digital offers as well as for movies with special-price offers ("sales").

This is coming soon to the mobile app as well. In the mobile app, for space reasons, you'll see an asterisk after the price on the details sheet, and there's a little text link just below the purchase button that you can tap to view details about the special price. (This is already the case in the mobile app for digital offers; it's being extended to encompass special-price offers as well.)

Or, if you're in the multiple-selection view / Superbundle interface, you'll see the strikethrough pricing there.

Excellent enhancement! +1 applause to having added the expiration date of the sale/reduction too. This is all good for helping with planning or deciding purchases.

More information in UIs across device, web, and app is something I'm clamoring for throughout the platform, and this qualifies!

Did we lose a tiny piece of information though in the web store - the asterisk denoting a D2D price? (or is my memory going?)

Example: Monsters vs Aliens shows up as "$14.99 $4.50" when logged in and "$14.00 $9.99" when not. Was it not shown as "$4.50*" before, so it should be something like "$14.99 $4.50*" now? To help us see if the actual price is due to D2D or the time limited sale.

A minor thing, for sure - the benefits outweighs it!

The * just meant "there's a discounted price of some kind", and you were meant to click through to see the details of why the price was discounted. It didn't imply that it was a digital offer, per se. It's just that that was the main reason something would be discounted.

The big change in this release is the treatment of temporary price reductions ("sales") in the same way that other discounts were previously shown. Before this release, when we'd have that sort of temporary reduction, it was done by simply changing the base price of the movie, so the information about the "regular" price couldn't be shown because it was not there anymore. Now these price reductions are modeled in the data the same way digital offers, upgrade offers, and credit for past rental are modeled, including with the expiration date (which rental credits had already).

This allows us to move to a consistent presentation including the strike-through depiction of the original price next to the discounted price.

Hmm, today's email said the Purge superbundle only requires 2 titles, but the page says 3 (and seems to operate at 3.) Wonder which is supposed to be correct. If the former, I'd be sad the TV seasons aren't included.

Hmm, today's email said the Purge superbundle only requires 2 titles, but the page says 3 (and seems to operate at 3.) Wonder which is supposed to be correct. If the former, I'd be sad the TV seasons aren't included.

In the mobile app there are definitely three titles necessary, the bundle discount was only taken into account for 3 selected ones.

Hmm. Sounds like a mistake somewhere. I will let the store team know so they can check.

New K owner here and waiting on an Alto to catalog disc to digital.

Does anyone know what the current (or most recent) D2D offer for blu ray to HDR for Harry Potter, LOTR and Godfather is?

My 6 year old daughter is asking about HP night and day and I can’t hold her off any longer I don’t think lol ! 😂

Would be great if K created a viewing of this somehow for all titles like special pricing, but understand pricing fluctuates a lot every week/month and for sales etc…..

New K owner here and waiting on an Alto to catalog disc to digital.

Does anyone know what the current (or most recent) D2D offer for blu ray to HDR for Harry Potter, LOTR and Godfather is?

My 6 year old daughter is asking about HP night and day and I can’t hold her off any longer I don’t think lol ! Th

Would be great if K created a viewing of this somehow for all titles like special pricing, but understand pricing fluctuates a lot every week/month and for sales etc…..
They’re all under $5 IIRC

The Harry Potters were all $4.92
Lord of the Rings, the first movie was $24.99, the last two $4.92 This was the same for either the Theatrical Release or the Extended versions
The first two Godfathers were $4.92, the third $14.99.

The Potter movies are in DTS:X and the Ring movies ATMOS if you are in to that sort of thing.

Last edited:
The Harry Potters were all $4.92
Lord of the Rings, the first movie was $24.99, the last two $4.92 This was the same for either the Theatrical Release or the Extended versions
The first two Godfathers were $4.92, the third $14.99.

The Potter movies are in DTS:X and the Ring movies ATMOS if you are in to that sort of thing.
That’s strange - my LOTR were all the same price. You might want to check with K if you had a more expensive 1st movie. I had D2D for regular and extended versions and didn’t purchase extended versions. They’re all 4.92 for me, stil.

That’s strange - my LOTR were all the same price. You might want to check with K if you had a more expensive 1st movie. I had D2D for regular and extended versions and didn’t purchase extended versions. They’re all 4.92 for me, stil.
Might have missed the first one when I cataloged my disks?...........dunno. Good to hear they are all $4.92.

The issue I have is that the 3rd Godfather movie is now called "CODA", and my "old" Godfather 3 disc doesn't link to it as a valid D2D upgrade... No idea why that is really. @MikeKobb did you come across this before?

The issue I have is that the 3rd Godfather movie is now called "CODA", and my "old" Godfather 3 disc doesn't link to it as a valid D2D upgrade... No idea why that is really. @MikeKobb did you come across this before?

CODA is a re-edit somewhat different than Godfather 3. Just like Spider-man No Way Home where the new Extended Version adding a whole 10 minutes is categorized as a "new" movie (by the studio which contracts with K) and therefore if you want it you have to buy it AGAIN! Yea its a drag, arguably unfair, but its not K doing this to us, its the greedy movie studio!

CODA is a re-edit somewhat different than Godfather 3. Just like Spider-man No Way Home where the new Extended Version adding a whole 10 minutes is categorized as a "new" movie (by the studio which contracts with K) and therefore if you want it you have to buy it AGAIN! Yea its a drag, arguably unfair, but its not K doing this to us, its the greedy movie studio!
But from most DVD/BD's, you can upgrade to either version (Standard or Extended). With CODA, that's not the case. That's my point :)

Back