• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

MoviePoster App and Kaleidescape

nsxboy

Quick question. Not sure if anyone on the forum uses the MoviePoster App. I currently have the MoviePoster App running and connected to my Premiere system. I am about to connect it to my Costar/Encore system and was wondering if it works by just pointing the IP address to the new Encore system?

Does anyone have experience on the app working with a Premiere/Encore/Costar setup?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

I’ve never used the app at all, but generally speaking, the Co-Star makes it look to control devices as if everything is playing on the Strato. So, I’d suspect that you would just point it at the Strato. Hopefully somebody who actually knows will respond.

Quick question. Not sure if anyone on the forum uses the MoviePoster App. I currently have the MoviePoster App running and connected to my Premiere system. I am about to connect it to my Costar/Encore system and was wondering if it works by just pointing the IP address to the new Encore system?

Does anyone have experience on the app working with a Premiere/Encore/Costar setup?

Thanks in advance!

Mike
Where do you find this ap?

I use the ‘Now Showing’ app available on Mac/ios.
Using a Mac mini to run the roomie and the ‘now showing’ app as a single client works very well with Kaleidescape.
The apps (running behind the scenes) detects when a K movie is playing and will display the corresponding movie poster via the TV in portrait mode.
Control4 is still being used as the main source of remote and can be programmed to switch the Samsung TV into portrait art mode when the movie stops (displaying customised posters).

Attachments

• IMG_3028.jpeg
    IMG_3028.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
I have used the Movie Poster app with my Strato S and it works real well, if you are just showing movies or TV, if you are doing scripts with multiple scenes, it can do it, just takes a minute or so for the program to catch up, but the integration is pretty good. Don't know about earlier versions of Kscape, but with the Strato system, it works pretty good.

I use the ‘Now Showing’ app available on Mac/ios.
Using a Mac mini to run the roomie and the ‘now showing’ app as a single client works very well with Kaleidescape.
The apps (running behind the scenes) detects when a K movie is playing and will display the corresponding movie poster via the TV in portrait mode.
Control4 is still being used as the main source of remote and can be programmed to switch the Samsung TV into portrait art mode when the movie stops (displaying customised posters).
Hi, I run control 4 as well for my main control system. What do you setup in Roomie and the poster app to get it to display the movie playing on kscape?

Hi, I run control 4 as well for my main control system. What do you setup in Roomie and the poster app to get it to display the movie playing on kscape?

You need a Roomie Remote and Show time subscription via the Apple App Store. Using the app on your phone or Mac, create a room and add the Kaleidescape device only. Minimise roomie on the Mac and launch the showtime app (select the same room name from the settings). Roomie will pick up any state changes on the Kaleidescape player and reflect accordingly in the poster app. From this point, continue to use control4 or any other control method.
The app is a bit fiddly at times and certain films that are part of a movie series won’t display an image or the cover is imported directly from Kaleidescapes metadata, resulting in a small image being blown up and looking pixelated. Apart from these caveats, the process works well.
As an alternative, look at this thread:

And

I’ve got mine ordered now that a dedicated Kaleidescape plugin is available but can’t comment yet on its functionality.

Last edited:
You need a Roomie Remote and Show time subscription via the Apple App Store. Using the app on your phone or Mac, create a room and add the Kaleidescape device only. Minimise roomie on the Mac and launch the showtime app (select the same room name from the settings). Roomie will pick up any state changes on the Kaleidescape player and reflect accordingly in the poster app. From this point, continue to use control4 or any other control method.
Hm, i have to admit i´ve not yet used the poster app (so it´s well possible i´m missing the point here), but looking at the documentation, their seems to be a Kscape-Plugin available to directly integrate a KScape player. So why would you need the extra loop you´ve described here?

EDIT: Apologies, just seen that you´ve mentioned the plugin yourself at the end of your post.

Hm, i have to admit i´ve not yet used the poster app (so it´s well possible i´m missing the point here), but looking at the documentation, their seems to be a Kscape-Plugin available to directly integrate a KScape player. So why would you need the extra loop you´ve described here?

EDIT: Apologies, just seen that you´ve mentioned the plugin yourself at the end of your post.
Note, there are 3 Kaleidescape movie poster apps referenced on this thread -

MoviePoster App
Roomie / Showtime app
Digital Movie Board Kaleidescape plugin

OK, thanks. So "so it´s well possible i´m missing the point here".

I think this is a long shot but I will try. I just wondered if there was any movie poster app/software that could run on an Alexa Show 15 (the one that looks like a digital picture frame). It's just a really convenient size for something I have in mind and TBH it has worked surprisingly well for us an Alexa device, picture frame and more recently as a Fire TV. As a solution it would be really cost effective and being able to use Alexa commands etc etc. just would be brilliant for where I would put it. Makes no sense to put a TV there.

Anyway - not holding my breath but would have to say things like this would surely suit the show 15.

I have used the Movie Poster app with my Strato S and it works real well, if you are just showing movies or TV, if you are doing scripts with multiple scenes, it can do it, just takes a minute or so for the program to catch up, but the integration is pretty good. Don't know about earlier versions of Kscape, but with the Strato system, it works pretty good.

Have you tried to use the Movieposter app with a Costar? For me, I'm currently running into a slight snag. I have a Strato and a M500 connected via a Costar. In the app, I'm mapping the plugin to the Strato as it's consolidating the movies and showing the combined list on screen. The movie poster app connects to the stratos fine (and when movie is playing from the Terra, it shows fine), but when playing a HD movie or dvd out of the premiere system it does not notify the app nor update the movie being shown.

I'm wondering if I did something wrong or are other folks seeing the same issue.

Thanks,

Mike

Update on Kaleidescape Costar and Movie Poster App. The latest version resolves the switching issue and pointing the app directly to the Strato how will resolve the switching issue. Latest version tested that works is MoviePoster_2.3.0.6_Dev_Repack_(11-30-2023)

Back