• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Updates

King Richard (2021) in HD from Warner Bros updated from DTS-HD Master 7.1 to Dolby TrueHD Atmos

Reds (1981) in HD from Paramount Pictures updated from Dolby Digital 5.1 to Dolby TrueHD 5.1

American Underdog (2021) in HD from Lionsgate updated from DTS-HD Master 5.1 to Dolby TrueHD Atmos

Sing 2 (2021) in HD from NBC Universal updated from DTS-HD Master 7.1 to Dolby TrueHD Atmos

I found that still the matrix resurrections Holds it’s premium price and not reduce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can accept this Price for very early release but for this long it’s over price in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And this title was free to stream on hbo max. I am curious to see how long more at the current price too.

I watched it on HBO Max and will purchase when their price drops. Warner does this for new releases. Several other studios price their new releases around $25. Around that price is an instant purchase for me…

There has been an update to Licorice Pizza - it is now available in 4K HDR.

If you already purchased in HD, you should now see the option to download the new resolution version.

Luke
Thank you for the heads up! What a pleasant surprise.

PAW Patrol: The Movie (2021) in HD from Paramount updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 7.1

I watched it on HBO Max and will purchase when their price drops. Warner does this for new releases. Several other studios price their new releases around $25. Around that price is an instant purchase for me…

I would love to see $24.99 become the maximum price for any single movie in the store. Apple prices max at $19.99. So its a nice premium for higher fidelity and not a studio gouge at $36.99. Then see sales down to $7.99 or $9.99 along with bundles.

Super stoked to see Kscape offer the free upgrades to 4K on their recent releases of Licorice pizza and The Burning Sea! Kudos to them on offering the upgrade at no cost given the recent release!

Yeah, that’s great. I never buy HD titles from K because I figure they’ll get updated to 4k at some point and I’m not taking a chance on what it might cost to upgrade or have to fully buy the movie again.

I would love to see $24.99 become the maximum price for any single movie in the store. Apple prices max at $19.99. So its a nice premium for higher fidelity and not a studio gouge at $36.99. Then see sales down to $7.99 or $9.99 along with bundles.
Or $39.99…..

Yeah, that’s great. I never buy HD titles from K because I figure they’ll get updated to 4k at some point and I’m not taking a chance on what it might cost to upgrade or have to fully buy the movie again.
I know that feeling! I’m particularly bad (tight?) with SD titles and there are some amazing titles there too. Frustrating in another way when I have the BR of it but only SD in store (sorry, I know going off thread…)

HDR version update - Audio and video improvements

Back