• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

    This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

    It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

    This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

    You can dismiss this box forever by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner of this message.
  • You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

    The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

    ... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

    Benefits of registering for a full account:

    • Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

    It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

    This box goes away for registered users.

Movie Updates

Coyote vs Acme has been updated to cinematic. šŸ‘
Just came here to say this.. been checking everyday if they updated coyote vs acme with Atmos so I can buy it! I’m REALLY glad they did this!!
I honestly didn’t think they were going to update it but now I’m wondering why they haven’t done this to other newer releases like ā€œin the grayā€ and others. Btw, I ended up buying In the gray on iTunes and the audio sounded really good so this still surprises me it wasn’t on K.

Side note; I’m sure Mike and Kscape are sick of hearing about certain movies not having this or that, but again, I spent real $$ somewhere else on a product that I otherwise would have been spent on Kscape.
 
Little Shop of Horrors has dropped on the UK store so not long before it also goes up on US store as well. No 4KC but DV/HDR10/SDR with Atmos.
 
Curious to see how this plays out. Apple already has DV but no Atmos. K normally mirrors digital release offerings.

For physical media releases, Atmos only appears to be available on the Directors Cut. I have the 4K German / Turbine Media import just for the Atmos. Arrow’s upcoming release will be DTS-HD for the standard version and Atmos for the Directors Cut.

So will a Director’s Cut become available on digital / Kaleidescape to even have the option?
I have the humongous Turbine boxset as well. The atmos mix is quite engaging on the director’s cut. I’m also interested in seeing the PQ, as I felt the turbine transfer (4K/DV) was amazing.
 
Back
Top