• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Updates

any good news about the FOX title looking for update section on app 10 times daily and for Ford v Ferrari every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any good news about the FOX title looking for update section on app 10 times daily and for Ford v Ferrari every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I share you enthusiasm, but I don't think the timeframe we are expecting needs refreshing quite that much. ;)

"Sonic the Hedgehog" HD version update:

A Dolby Atmos audio track was added
Additional audio tracks
Additional subtitle tracks

The following updates are available for me:

”The Invisible Man” in HD:
A Dolby Atmos audio track was added
Additional audio tracks

“Top Gun“ in HD - A Dolby Atmos track was added

“Days of Thunder” in HD - Audio and video improvements (I assume this is in preparation of the 4K release so if you plan to update to 4K you might want to hold off for now)

John

ETA: The Top Gun HD update removes the previous DTS-HD MA 6.1 soundtrack which I consider the benchmark! I don’t want to lose this so I won’t be upgrading the HD for now. I want to compare the new 4K Atmos to the old DTS 6.1.

Minor update for “Sonic The Hedgehog” in HDR:

Added subtitle track: Spanish

Hope we start seeing more Atmos updates for Universal titles. Just saw that Parasite is out today on 4K Blu with Atmos. Would love to see an update on that one.

”Blade Runner 2049” HDR/UHD version update:

Audio and video improvements

@TrackZ thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone know if there is a way to just ”download” the new version instead of updating? It would be nice to have the old and the new to compare and also I need to have the “old” version to copy over scenes since we lose these when we update.

John

Anyone know if there is a way to just ”download” the new version instead of updating? It would be nice to have the old and the new to compare and also I need to have the “old” version to copy over scenes since we lose these when we update.

John
I don't think so unless you have two different Encore systems or Strato players and you have the old version in one and you download the new one to the second one. This is only for comparison though, copying scenes seems to be mission impossible.

Kostas

I don't think so unless you have two different Encore systems or Strato players and you have the old version in one and you download the new one to the second one. This is only for comparison though, copying scenes seems to be mission impossible.

Kostas

Thanks Kostas! I hadn’t thought of actually splitting my systems. I have two Terra servers so I could separate them and download to the one it’s not on. I had tried to move HD content to the Trash folder on my 1U+ but that didn’t work.- still thinks I have it. As to “copying“ scenes you’re right. I was just talking about having the old version available so I could view the scenes and then manually set marks in the new version.

John

FYI, Blade Runner 2049 was much improved, but still had some items noted by @KDeering that have been reported back to Kaleidescape. They expect to take another look.

"Bloodshot" HD version update

Additional audio tracks
Added extras

"Chappie" HDR version update

"Scoob" HD update:

Additional audio tracks
Added extras

Another ”Blade Runner 2049” HDR/UHD version update: