• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

    This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

    It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

    This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

    You can dismiss this box forever by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner of this message.
  • You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

    The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

    ... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

    Benefits of registering for a full account:

    • Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

    It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

    This box goes away for registered users.

Movie Updates

Fellowship, Theatrical Version is showing 4KC but file isn't available yet.

 
Up next???? For 4KC?

 
I prefer the extended LOTR/Hobbit versions over the theatrical versions. The extended versions should set records for 4KC file sizes when they come.

EDIT: Meant to say Hobbit extended versions. LOTR extended versions are already out.
 
Last edited:
Real confused on the extended versions and their 4KC treatment. They have been in 4KC for a while now, but they don't show up as updates either. So I am not sure what is going on there.
 
Yeah it’s been a confusing night. Redownloaded it then stopped it, downloaded theatrical as I already saw the extended one in Cinematic but the file was weird and the cover art said Extended even though download showed theatrical. Maybe hitting them too fast as they add.
 
I don't own the theatrical on K so only having the extended versions cuts down on the potential confusion for me, but the store is not making the situation real clear as to what is going on with them.
 
I have the entire middle earth collection; I updated the theatrical versions of LOTR to cinematic as well (minus Return of the King, which isn’t in cinematic).

The extended versions of LOTR was already in cinematic. Would be interesting to see what got updated for those 2 titles (two towers/fellowship)

Hobbit only has the theatrical versions in cinematic.
 
I have the entire middle earth collection; I updated the theatrical versions of LOTR to cinematic as well (minus Return of the King, which isn’t in cinematic).

The extended versions of LOTR was already in cinematic. Would be interesting to see what got updated for those 2 titles (two towers/fellowship)

Hobbit only has the theatrical versions in cinematic.
Ya, and I had purchased the Hobbit extended version. No 4KC
 
Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018) standard HDR version updated
  • Additional audio tracks (French (Dolby TrueHD Atmos), Spanish (Dolby TrueHD Atmos), English (DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1), English (PCM Stereo), French (Dolby Digital 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
  • Video quality improvements

Hacksaw Ridge (2016) standard HDR version updated
  • Added audio track: English (PCM Stereo)
  • Added extras (In HD as separate download)
 
I apologize if this was answered earlier. What's the purpose of PCM Stereo? ...
Just ran into a case where I wish I had the PCM stereo track (not K related, though).

The surround mixes on the DVD for Virtuosity is flawed where if multiple characters are in a scene, only the dialogue of one is clearly audible. The other character's dialog is only as loud as a whisper. And there's no subtitle track so I cannot use that to "hear" the quieter character.

It's not dialnorm because the one character is easily audible. It's not a center channel issue because both character's dialog is coming from the center.

I would, maybe, be able to work around the problem by using the stereo track.

K has this in HD with subtitles. I don't know that I want to own it yet. Anyone played this using K's version? How does it sound?
 
Back
Top