• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

message on home screen in browser Interface

flitebynite

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I am receiving this message on my browser interface:

Server (0000 002301C7): Network link is 100Base-TX. This component performs best with a 1000Base-T connection.

I looked at the settings for the component and I don't see a setting for this.

This is the only component I'm receiving the warning for and as far as I can remember, this seems to be a new message.

Any ideas / help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Chris
1637363920603.png

There is no setting to adjust... the message is simply reporting what the detected speed is. Assuming you have a gigabit network, the problem is likely with a cable or maybe a port on your switch/router. I'd start by trying a known good cable.

By the way, unless you are streaming to multiple players at one time, 100Mbps is fast enough for DVD/SD and Blu-ray/HD playback.

Good luck,
Andy

I occasionally get a similar message, often unplugging the cable to the player and re inserting followed by a re-boot of the player clears the error or as Andy says replace the cable as likely caused by a poor connection if you are on a gigabit network.

Moving the cable to a new port on the bridge cleared the fault.
Thanks guys,

Chris

Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement gigabit switch? I'm worried this is just the beginning of failures for this switch. It's a Netgear 24 port Gigabit switch.
I have a simple network for my K system and a few other items e.g. projector, PS4, 4K disk player as well as my PC, wireless router and a few other pieces of hardware.
I'm not looking to spend a fortune but want something that is capable and although I don't currently have a control system, I would like to have the flexibility to expand if I later add one.
As a note, I am not an IT or Networking person so managed vs. un-managed would be something I would need to consider. What are the pro and cons of both.
Should I reconfigure my system to separate my K system from my computer network? Is this advantageous or even necessary?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Chris

I have a unmanaged switch from Araknis. I got new managed switch as part of my network redo. If you want i can ship this for free on Thursday. It’s just a year old and rear facing ports for clean rack install.

I have a unmanaged switch from Araknis. I got new managed switch as part of my network redo. If you want i can ship this for free on Thursday. It’s just a year old and rear facing ports for clean rack install.
PM sent

Thank you House72!
I love this site and the people that make it what it is...

Last question from above:
Should I reconfigure my system (network) to separate my K system from my computer network? Is this advantageous or even necessary?

Thank you all,

Chris

I don’t recommend separating out the system as it’ll prevent you from reaching the browser interface unless that device is also on the separate network.

Back