• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Looking for feedback of the best HT remote control…

Another thing I forgot to mention is you can be supplied with the control 4 software to do all of the programming. A dealer will still need to add or remove devices and make the connections.

Good news, the Lumagen is up and running. Have to say I'm very happy with the picture. The colors are rich and pop off the screen and the low light HDR scenes have much greater detail. I can't wait for Kris to come and do the full A/V calibrations.

I had my Magnolia tech come out last Thursday to fix the issues with the remote. Though it is working much better I still find myself having to push the buttons several times in some cases to get the desired result. Crestron is having a big supply issue which has been going on for over 16 months according to a dealer. So it looks like I will be taking a closer look at Control 4 and the new Halo Touch remote when it finally comes out.

Attachments

• IMG_3334.jpeg
    IMG_3334.jpeg
    8.2 MB · Views: 33
Does any one know if Control 4 works with Lutron Grafik Ey…. Ie Halo non touch and the Core 3 Controller.

Yeah, definitely neither of those.
If you want to control a Kaleidescape system buy a Philips Pronto TSU9600 on eBay and put the Kaleidescape module on it. It's cheap, it works a treat, and easy to DIY. If you want to program other devices to Pronto there is a learning curve but the platform is well documented and the boffins over on the Remote Central forums are helpful.
I would not touch C4 or SnapOne or anything else that is locked down with dealer service calls to make any changes to your programming.

I still use a TSU9400 and I wrote a Javascript library to control Kaleidescape via TCP. However, I didn't try the Kaleidescape module from Pronto. I actually have the module, but I didn't think it would still work after all these years (the module is from 2011). Does it actually work with the latest hardware (Compact Terra & Strato C)?

Crestron is a hold as well since they have no product to sell.
As i´m scrolling through this older thread:
Crestron supply chain has come back to normal. Almost everything you need is on stock now. Just had a CP4 and a TSR310 delivered within a few days.

Just throwing this out there, I realize this is an older thread. I have URC automating everything in my theater (lights, LED, KScape, projector lift, and all components of course). I really like URC. I guess its the granddad of all these other systems but still has all the updates and licensing for all the companies. As always, your system is only as good as your integrator/installer AND the support they offer. Remote and mounted screen are easy to navigate. Zero issues.

Mmh, i don´t think this holds true as Crestron just celebrated their 50th anniversary last year. :)
ah... okay. I was told it was "older than the others". Anyways, its usually not in the line up of options for some reason. Not sure why as it seems to have all the bells and whistles of the others. Maybe less spent on marketing? I DO have Control 4 in my house. I actually find it more cumbersome and less UI friendly than URC for my theater.

The new URC stuff is really nice. They also now have full feedback with Kaleidescape on both panels and remotes. really cool

The new URC stuff is really nice. They also now have full feedback with Kaleidescape on both panels and remotes. really cool
Hi Car!

Sure would like for URC or preferably allow enduser programming, though...

Anyone have preferences on control systems that offer that option?

Thank you very much

FURY

Back