• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Logitech to stop making Harmony Remotes

Yeah and now they've already seemingly doubled in value LOL. Might keep mine after all... ha. Seriously though, although they say they are going to keep the database active, I wonder if that means going forward new device support might be limited. I was looking at the RTI controllers as a replacement already (I find the Harmony too random between when it works flawlessly and when it doesn't - which isn't more than a small annoyance to me but a proper nightmare for anyone else in the house) but they are pretty $$$ although look mint.

Anyone have any thoughts on RTI or others?

Yeah and now they've already seemingly doubled in value LOL. Might keep mine after all... ha. Seriously though, although they say they are going to keep the database active, I wonder if that means going forward new device support might be limited. I was looking at the RTI controllers as a replacement already (I find the Harmony too random between when it works flawlessly and when it doesn't - which isn't more than a small annoyance to me but a proper nightmare for anyone else in the house) but they are pretty $$$ although look mint.

Anyone have any thoughts on RTI or others?
The problem with any real Harmony replacement is that they aren't DIY... That was where Harmony really thrived. It is not really a great remote control....but it is a great remote control that an end-user can program and tweak. There are SO many better options from URC, but you'll need a dealer to program it for you. And depending on how often you like to change and tweak things, you might have a lot of service calls. But once a URC (or RTI) remote is properly programmed and working the way you like, they really have any issues. I highly recommend the URC MX890 with MRF350 base station for reliable RF control. Now, if you want IP control and 2-way feedback, you'll need to step up to something different. I have Control4 in my house (with my K'scape) and it is super reliable and my family really likes it.

Good shouts! If I somehow manage to pull off building afresh then definitely going control 4 route or the like. I see they acquired neeo. I quite like the new Savant X2 remote and they seem to be fully integrated with Apple HomeKit too but, like you say, all dealer driven than DIY

Good shouts! If I somehow manage to pull off building afresh then definitely going control 4 route or the like. I see they acquired neeo. I quite like the new Savant X2 remote and they seem to be fully integrated with Apple HomeKit too but, like you say, all dealer driven than DIY
Yes, I have two Neeo remotes with my C4 system and they are very cool. I really like the 2-way volume control feedback -- such a simple thing, but I really like it! :) There are also some great (pay) drivers that work really well with Kaleidescape (though it is tough to be the free second screen...) I've reviewed the Savant X2 remote and it is quite nice. The voice control part was kinda rubbish (IMO), BUT, the voice with the Apple TV was great, giving total Siri control. If you use HomeKit, then it is worth considering. (Here's my review: Review: Savant Smart Series WiSA Surround System - Residential Systems)

Chowmainsoft’s kaleidescape driver for control4 is solid, provides seamless integration and you can browse cover art / control playback on any control4 screen or mobile app.

88BB9D33-7639-4DCC-BC77-FE51BED0DA3E.png

I'll second Chowmain's Kscape driver for Control4. It works incredibly well, and is well worth the cost IMO.

Back