• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Lip Sync Test Disc in the Store

On the processor, I have lip snyc turned all the way to 250. Still lagging. And that is as far as it will go
So for you- you CAN’T fix it? The only fix for you is to take MadVR out of the chain? For me I can fix it manually and tweak processor on the fly. But next movie is different tweak.

On the processor, I have lip snyc turned all the way to 250. Still lagging. And that is as far as it will go
I own a Lumagen, but I've read that an Envy adds exactly 220ms of delay. Therefore you would have 220 + your projectors delay if you don't have any type of auto lip sync on your AVP. I guess your AVP would also have some delay...

Last edited:
What processor are you using? I have the Emotiva RMC1L
I have a Trinnov Alt16. I can always fix the lip sync manually for each movie but it’s never consistent. Adjust latency -1 or +1 or to Zero or turning the auto-lip sync “off”….it’s guess work but I adjust it almost every time

What did the Trinnov run you? There is no end in site of what you can spend on this stuff. I was hoping to make this work, and next buy would be a JVC NZ8

What did the Trinnov run you? There is no end in site of what you can spend on this stuff. I was hoping to make this work, and next buy would be a JVC NZ8
I think just shy of $18K. Not sure what the current price is. I have a 9.4.6 so need a beefy processor. It was painful but glad I have it! I have the 3100(NZ8) and am very happy with it.

I have a Trinnov Alt16. I can always fix the lip sync manually for each movie but it’s never consistent. Adjust latency -1 or +1 or to Zero or turning the auto-lip sync “off”….it’s guess work but I adjust it almost every time
So I presume your unit has the latest "Cypress" board and you have the latest the firmware. The last one introduced "auto lip-sync" and activating it has resolved all my sync issues across all my sources. If your adjusting on the "output" "latency" - see below. I'm running a NZ8 same as you and this is what it reports as latency. The adjustments are in millisecond segments.

1675159388316.png

Re the Lip sync issues. We have encountered it twice now. On both occasions we had paused the movie and then returned to it. The lip sync was considerably out on both occasions to the point we couldn't watch it without going a little crazy. We stopped the movie, rather than paused it and on the first occasion I restarted it and fast forwarded to the same spot because it was early on. The second time I just resumed the movie and that was also OK. Both seemed to correct. I do find once I have started to look for lip sync issues I start almost imagining it but a second opinion soon put me right and it was indeed correct.

(info - I have a Storm processor).

I have recently changed to Video out direct to Screen on my OLED and then Audio out to Trinnov. The lip sync issue that was not an issue, is now that I am direct. I watched Thor Love and Thunder, it was bad. Then last night Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix and was not distracted by sync issues.

Back