• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Lip Sync Test Disc in the Store

audioguy123

Are there any "movies" in the Store that have the ability to test (and adjust) lip sync? Normally lip sync issues vary by source, but I have seen movies just from my K that vary from one another.

Thank, but I had seen that and, in fact, is what prompted by post. The lip-synch issue appears to be different by source. So that only works for the source from which I play the YouTube Video. It doesn't help for stuff I play on my K system - or from disc or ATV or ... I have s solution for disc based stuff but no way to EXACTLY adjust is on my Kaleidescape system.

Thank, but I had seen that and, in fact, is what prompted by post. The lip-synch issue appears to be different by source. So that only works for the source from which I play the YouTube Video. It doesn't help for stuff I play on my K system - or from disc or ATV or ... I have s solution for disc based stuff but no way to EXACTLY adjust is on my Kaleidescape system.

One scene that works well for setting sync between audio and video is the scene from Iron Man 2 when Ivan is hammering steel. It's during the opening credits so it's not hard to find

Attachments

• Screenshot (322).png
    Screenshot (322).png
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
Thanks. But myu issue is that on my K system, lip-synch issues can vary by movie!!

Oh boy! How do you fix that? I’m having the same issue. No problems with any other sources, just the Kscape. I was watching one of the free included videos last night and one part somebody pat somebody else on the back. He was done patting him and I still heard back pats. It’s pretty far off

One scene that works well for setting sync between audio and video is the scene from Iron Man 2 when Ivan is hammering steel. It's during the opening credits so it's not hard to find
that's a great tip, thanks!!

I was doing some testing and read somewhere a good idea. Using the Spears and Munsil sync pattern, use the slo motion of your phone to record the video playing on your display. So recorded using my iPhone and then played back to see/hear the material in slo-mo. It’s much easier to see/hear the test…. SJ

One thing I’ll say, do NOT use any concert film produced by Eagle Rock to judge sync. Normally watching a drummer is a good test, but Eagle Rock is terrible about putting out releases that are part in-sync and part out of sync.

And I still have issues with varying lip-synch problems - both between variious movies and now from one viewing seesion to the next. I don't know if it is eomthing on my end I am not doing properly, but I actually had to change my delay times (in my Trinnov) from what did work that now, no longer does. Weird !!!

And I still have issues with varying lip-synch problems - both between variious movies and now from one viewing seesion to the next. I don't know if it is eomthing on my end I am not doing properly, but I actually had to change my delay times (in my Trinnov) from what did work that now, no longer does. Weird !!!

Changing the HDMI cable worked for me. I removed the delays I set when I was playing around with the lip sync and Kaleidescape and it’s been perfect since.

I think it would be STUPENDOUS if K could get some test patterns added for testing. I know they have a chroma delay issue if you select 422 out, but it would be easier to show this with a pattern. AV synch would be nice as well. Maybe work with Spears and Munsil like they did with ISF? They don't have to have EVERY pattern out there, but there are a few that would be fantastic, even if just for some internal QC!!

I think it would be STUPENDOUS if K could get some test patterns added for testing. I know they have a chroma delay issue if you select 422 out, but it would be easier to show this with a pattern. AV synch would be nice as well. Maybe work with Spears and Munsil like they did with ISF? They don't have to have EVERY pattern out there, but there are a few that would be fantastic, even if just for some internal QC!!
Amen!

Audio guy- I also have a Trinnov (is that the common thread in this problem??) and I have the exact problem I believe. EVERY movie is different. Kscape as source. Sometimes I turn OFF lip synch and it’s perfect for that movie. Next movie I have to turn it ON w/ latency at zero sometimes at +1 or -1. I usually have to adjust it EVERY time I watch a movie.

Audio guy- I also have a Trinnov (is that the common thread in this problem??) and I have the exact problem I believe. EVERY movie is different. Kscape as source. Sometimes I turn OFF lip synch and it’s perfect for that movie. Next movie I have to turn it ON w/ latency at zero sometimes at +1 or -1. I usually have to adjust it EVERY time I watch a movie.
Same here. Sometimes it is perfect, sometimes a smidge off and sometimes way off. And it varies from session to session. I have no hope that Kaleidescape will address this but it ONLY occurs on my Kaleidescape - Not my BR player, not my Nvidia Shield and not my Apple TV.

Same here. Sometimes it is perfect, sometimes a smidge off and sometimes way off. And it varies from session to session. I have no hope that Kaleidescape will address this but it ONLY occurs on my Kaleidescape - Not my BR player, not my Nvidia Shield and not my Apple TV.
Have you tried switching hdmi as suggested? I have not.

Wow, not seen this level of lip sync issues once I got things dialed in. I bet if K had an issue, we would be hearing a lot more complaints. I use the Spears and Munsil audio sync pattern (4K24) and the IOS app called "CatchinSync". I allows you to slow down the video and see the exact sync (you calibrate it to your exact phone model). Anyway, my Alt32 doesn't have the newer lip sync that you are mentioning. The last song of a Star is Born has some really closeups of her singing which is great material. I recently got a new projector and spent a bit more time setting it up, but have not seen issues with K movies. SJ

Back