• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

LATEST UPDATE ON K

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Want to provide a quick update, and answer a couple of question folks are asking me.

1. K Store is up and running, just very busy. It looks like it will remain open, and for now no intention of shutting it down.

2. Dealer Extranet continues to take orders, no intention of shutting that down in the near term. Your dealer can order components if you need them.

3. Your Server's will continue to operate in the normal way, subject to the following.

You can still import content. If it is a movie that is already in the Movie Guide, you will receive the usual metadata, including bookmarks (assuming it has been bookmarked).

New releases that "may" not be in the MG yet, might be available at some date soon, otherwise the disc will still be imported but you will not get metadata. You will get the Green screen, and you will be able to add your own data for now, and probably enter the UPC as well.

4. K Support is currently not available, but hopeful to be back in the future.

K is stretched VERY thin, but there is now some activity.

More to follow.

Jim

Thank you Jim. You have been a tireless resource for all of us and I think that just speaks to the kind of person you are. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we are very grateful!

Thanks Jerry, it's the great folks like yourself that keep me involved!

Jim

Thanks Jim for all of your effort and help through the years!

Servers will continue operating for...the foreseeable future, or just for now?

The system will operate just fine with any content you have stored on the Server, and will also continue to import content, subject to the limitations mentioned above related to new releases. That will be true as long as your server is functional, it does not require a connection to K. (Functional means it has power, drives are good, etc.)

Jim

I have left them message to try and get a call. I want to get some stuff ordered up but need to talk to people before the order. Anyone know how to get in touch with some one over there?

I have left them message to try and get a call. I want to get some stuff ordered up but need to talk to people before the order. Anyone know how to get in touch with some one over there?

Sorry, currently not possible to reach the usual support folks, including order processing. Only the dealer extranet is still operating, as that is mostly automated. If what you are trying to do is an upgrade, or OOW replacement, or anything that involves RMA's, that ability is currently unavailable.

Jim

Jim thank you for that info. What I was hoping to do was an exchange of a new unit we got this week for a bunch of hard drives...

From a technical perspective, does something happen to an individual server when it is removed from the network, or if it does not have a connection to the Internet for an extended period of time? For some reason, I thought that there was an issue with extended disconnects...

Thanks, Steven

From a technical perspective, does something happen to an individual server when it is removed from the network, or if it does not have a connection to the Internet for an extended period of time? For some reason, I thought that there was an issue with extended disconnects...

Thanks, Steven

The issues would only be software updates, system monitoring, or media guide updates - As none of these are happening at the moment then there would be no impact.
If K does come back you may want it online to get any of those updates, however briefly available.

There are Kaleidescape systems installed on yachts that rarely connect to the Internet. It's not an issue except that the guide data will of course not be kept up to date, so new movies won't be recognized if you should import one.

There are Kaleidescape systems installed on yachts that rarely connect to the Internet. It's not an issue except that the guide data will of course not be kept up to date, so new movies won't be recognized if you should import one.

Do the servers actually have a copy of the entire movie guide? Minus the cover art.

Reason being Ive noticed some times when downloading from the store, downloads don't start until a movie guide update has been performed. Is the update to do with the movie being downloaded or something else?

Downloaded 4-5 movies today and before the last one started, a movie guide update had to be done, does this mean the guide was updated at K recently?

Do the servers actually have a copy of the entire movie guide? Minus the cover art.

Reason being Ive noticed some times when downloading from the store, downloads don't start until a movie guide update has been performed. Is the update to do with the movie being downloaded or something else?

Downloaded 4-5 movies today and before the last one started, a movie guide update had to be done, does this mean the guide was updated at K recently?

I was wondering the same thing. I had a movie say that, so I drug it down in priority.

In my case, it was an older UV movie, so it wasn't like it was a new release.

Jim thank you for that info. What I was hoping to do was an exchange of a new unit we got this week for a bunch of hard drives...

Understood, probably not currently possible, but cannot speak to the future. Most of these types of transactions involve Support to some extent (one of the many reasons that Support is needed), and right now those offices are dark.:(

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back