• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal

tov5005

Just a (late) head’s up.. looks like both have already been removed from the K store. I have Labyrinth from K but unfortunately hadn’t yet pulled the trigger on Dark Crystal.

Want to be clear, not complaining.. just informational in case someone wonders where these titles went.

4d77710650dcc16ae01be6a2f77776c0.jpg

Apocalypse Now also seems to have vanished and I could have sworn it was there 6 months or so ago. If titles are going to suddenly vanish it would be nice if Kaleidescape could give us a little warning as it can't be news to them. I had hoped that Kaleidescape would have been able to reduce the number of discs I buy but that hasn't really been the case. Very disappointing.

Apocalypse Now also seems to have vanished and I could have sworn it was there 6 months or so ago. If titles are going to suddenly vanish it would be nice if Kaleidescape could give us a little warning as it can't be news to them. I had hoped that Kaleidescape would have been able to reduce the number of discs I buy but that hasn't really been the case. Very disappointing.
That did come back in September Store "Hole" Feedback, I wasn't aware it was removed yet again. I do own it so I can still get it but it's weird that it's gone again.

I got my lesson. I had some digital offers that disappeared on me like this. Now I do the D2D immediately.

Honestly, I am not sure this would be the case. I don't think K gets some newsletter from studios saying "just a heads up, these titles that we currently own are in negotiation and could be gone soon!". They likely get an email from a studio saying "please remove this title from your service as it is no longer owned by us" and poof. The nice thing is, if you own it, it stays put. And there are pretty strong odds that as long as it went to another studio that K has access to already, it will return at some point (when the new studio puts the asset out).

In some cases this may be a good thing. There are lots of great catalog titles out there that have just been sitting there being ignored. Moving distribution and ownership to another studio may result in updates to the movie (new transfer, etc).

On a completely separate note. Has anyone noticed anything weird when typing on this forum. As I typed the second paragraph of that last post I literally watched it start changing into the first paragraph one sentence at a time. The first sentence just randomly updated (like what you see sometimes with auto correct) but the first sentence of my first paragraph replaced it. Then a few seconds later the next sentence and so on. In fact, while I've been typing out the last two sentences the text changes completely for a spilt second and then goes back. I haven't seen this on any other website, but I've seen it a few times on this forum.

That is strange, maybe Josh has a comment, but I have not experienced what you are seeing, ever.

Jim

I have been receiving error messages when trying to post about 5% of the time over the past month or two.

I often have to cut/paste the entire message before I can post (it pops up an error otherwise - don't recall what it says at the moment), but I've never seen my sentences change on their own.

Andy

Since I have Dark Crystal downloaded already how does this impact me? I can't download it again should I delete it or have a equipment requiring replacement due to upgrade or failure?

Since I have Dark Crystal downloaded already how does this impact me? I can't download it again should I delete it or have a equipment requiring replacement due to upgrade or failure?
If you own it already it doesn't affect you, you'll be able to delete and download as many times as you want, even if it's removed from the store.

Has someone have the direct link to Labyrinth please? I'm like 99.999999% certain I have this - its a family member favourite - but I don't see it now, even after trawling through the nightmare which is "my movies" and playing "guess which page L is... :-( But that's a whole other topic...

Has someone have the direct link to Labyrinth please? I'm like 99.999999% certain I have this - its a family member favourite - but I don't see it now, even after trawling through the nightmare which is "my movies" and playing "guess which page L is... :-( But that's a whole other topic...
You could select the movies not downloaded to my system option to narrow it down, but maybe you have a lot in that category too.

Try this

You could select the movies not downloaded to my system option to narrow it down, but maybe you have a lot in that category too.
Thanks, I've tried that before but it doesn't really help, doesn't really help I've got like 28 4000+ titles or something scary :-(

It really is the biggest gap to me in the system and I really don't know why its so difficult to be able to see all your titles, regardless of store purchased in and regardless of type (disc, download, quality). Just feels like its almost deliberate because I cannot think of any other reason not to do it :(

Perfect!! Thanks!! and indeed I do own it in 4K but no idea why it wasn't showing up in my movies list but then as above I'm rather 🤷‍♂️ about all that

I often have to cut/paste the entire message before I can post (it pops up an error otherwise - don't recall what it says at the moment), but I've never seen my sentences change on their own.

Andy
I get this a lot, usually if I include part of a message or add "not the normal emojis". Sometimes if I tag folk and usually if I try and embed and image or gif or something. I have to press the undo button in order to remove whatever it is before it allows me to respond with something different

CleanShot 2024-01-12 at 11.00.20@2x.png

Funnily enough it had no issue with the above! LOL. But it wouldn't allow me to tag @Substance for instance in the message above that

Back