• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Kaleidescape's New iPad App!

..I also *love* that there is a screen brightness adjust within the K-scape control app. A fully bright iPad is brutal on the eyes in a fully dark theater and being able to adjust it right there is a super nice touch. I really love it for music, as I can now browse/control my collection without the need to turn the TV on.

Yes, the screen brightness is a good feature. But I'd like to see them make it even more clever by having a configurable option to increase the brightness when the iPad is picked up (using the inbuilt motion sensor of the iOS).

At this point I can't see us using the App over preference to what we're already using. The Pronto module supports a music only mode without the need for the display to be on, and Remotescape supports volume control (and configurable buttons) without needing the "ACME" controller App.

I'll probably end up having the Kaleidescape App running on a wall mounted iPad simply as a "status" indicator, rather than use it to actually control the Kaleidescape system. At this point the kids far prefer the Pronto over the iPad for Kaleidescape control (I ran an experiment: I gave them a Pronto, an iPad with Remotescape, and iPad with Kaleidescape App, and said "put on a movie" and they both went for the Pronto...)

Officially, this: "The Kaleidescape App for iPad will be available as a free download from the App Store soon."

..."soon" could mean this week or next month.....
I wonder why it has taken this long to release the app. May be they had licensing issues to clear? In the promotional video it seems as if the app is fully developed ad functional.

It is fully developed, and functional. They wanted feedback from some of the "beta" folks for tweaking before release.

Not sure what other hurdles exist, but one is likely Apple. Probably have to jump thru a few hoops to make it available.

I really think it will be available "soon.":D

Jim

Kaleidescape won't release a product to the market unless it's as "perfect" as possible, and in all likelihood the App you see in the video wasn't as perfect as they would like (otherwise they would have released it!!). There have been later beta releases to the version you see in the video, so they are working on it to iron out any bugs that the beta testers find.

...and I really think Jim is right, soon will be soon!

The wait is over, iPad owners can rejoice!...the Kaleidescape App for iPad should be available for download in the US iTunes App store today.

I'm not sure if you need to update to KEAOS 4.3.0, but I guess if you do it will happen automatically in the normal way.

Yes great way to browse your collection. I like that you can select a director or actor name right from the movie detail to bring up their other movies.

Just downloaded it. Had to ugrade KEAOS software. Works as promised. Intuitive and slick interface... K does it again!.

...I heard some/much/maybe none? of the development work for the App was done in Australia...

Downloading now. When I searched for it I cringed at seeing the price of the remotescape app right next to it. Ouch.

ae319335-4ee8-0e20.jpg

True, but Remotescape does some cool stuff that the Kaleidescape App doesn't do (not yet anyway). I wonder if we'll see a price adjustment on Remotescape now that the free App is out.

It will be interesting to see how the Kaleidescape and Remotescape apps develop over the next 12 months.

I mean really....what did you guys think....? This is "K" baby!!!:D

(Sorry couldn't resist, just finished watching "Fast Five":D)

Jim

Back