• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Kaleidescape taking orders

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
The dealer extranet is operational and can accept orders, and those orders will be filled in the normal course. There is now a skeleton crew working at K, but because of the coverage required, they are not taking calls. Dealer's can place orders online, for those interested, so contact your dealer if there is a component you need.

(Before anyone makes a comment about this being a "money grab," let me say that K does not view this as anything other than supporting those that still want or need components still in inventory, and they also want to continue down the path of hopefully improving the current circumstances.)

We all now know the current situation, so nothing being hidden here, if you want what's available, contact your dealer. Nothing gets charged to a dealer until it's actually shipping, that's always been K's policy.

Jim

Last edited:
My dealer received a similar response: I took delivery of a new 1U on Thursday, but it has a mechanical issue where one bay won't lock cartridges in place; he was told to have me bring it to him, and they'll address it. (I'm a Bay area local.)

My dealer received a similar response: I took delivery of a new 1U on Thursday, but it has a mechanical issue where one bay won't lock cartridges in place; he was told to have me bring it to him, and they'll address it. (I'm a Bay area local.)

It is more likely that the root cause is a sticking latch. Please check the latch (and try to adjust it) WITH THE POWER OFF.

Here is a link to the instructions: www.kaleidescape.com/go/latch

basically you are going to remove the white faceplate on the disk drive, remove the logo button and turn a single screw 1/2 turn counter-clockwise.

I hope he knows to check the set spring behind the drives faceplate (actually behind the K Logo) to be sure it's loose. If it isn't, just adjust the philips screw a slight turn counterclockwise. Sometimes they arrive tight and the tab will not seat correctly.

My apology if this has already been checked.

Jim

It is more likely that the root cause is a sticking latch. Please check the latch (and try to adjust it) WITH THE POWER OFF.

Here is a link to the instructions: www.kaleidescape.com/go/latch

basically you are going to remove the white faceplate on the disk drive, remove the logo button and turn a single screw 1/2 turn counter-clockwise.
Appreciate it, but that's not the issue here. (The latch operates fine, and the same cartridge locks just fine in any other bay, while none of the other cartridges will lock into this bay. The actual depth of the latch hole from the front of the frame is different for this bay than the others.)

To return to the topic, I'm just happy someone is there that might be able to sort this out for me.

Okay, sorry, hopefully you get taken care of soon. It's a skeleton crew now, but should be possible, unfortunately Support is not back up yet.

Jim

Back