• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape systems on same account but different locations... possible?

nsxboy

Hello,

I have a quick question. I'm contemplating putting a second KScape Premiere system in our vacation home and was wondering if it's possible to have 2 systems in different locations on the same account and if it's possible to have the library mirrored there given it's the same owner and same content or would you have to establish a VPN in order to have the two systems talk to each other and the blu Ray vault (I only have 1 M700).

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Unlikely to get the systems talking but yes you can have multiple systems in multiple locations and even countries that are connected to your store account and then you will have the downloads go to each, max is 5 systems if I remember correctly.
So 1 vault is only able to be connected to one system so you would need a vault on each physical system (server) and then you would have to carry your BluRay disks when you went on vacation to load in the other system to enable playback.
Stick to downloads from the store and all work.

Max is 5 systems like Mark said. I have a Strato S & Terra at my house and a Stratos S at the lakehouse and everything works great with the downloads.

Others have already answered the question about support for multiple systems on a single account (fully supported for up to 5 systems per account, as mentioned). What's not specifically supported is mirroring content.

With disc-based content, you would have to import separately on each system. For content downloaded from our movie store, it's much simpler. Just download all content you own today to the new system once you've set it up, and from then on, when you buy a movie, just have it download to both of your systems. I believe the store's web site will automatically select whichever systems you set for download the last time you made a purchase. I know the mobile app does that.

Do you actually need the disc capabilities of a Premiere system in your vacation home? If you're just doing downloads from the movie store, a Terra+Strato C would work well.

Mike, I was hoping to not have the disc capabilities in the vacation home but be able to mirror the existing blu-ray library for local access and validate the ownership via the vault in the main home. I know it's a stretch given the security necessary and if I VPN into the same network, then the content is streamed from my server at main home instead of from local source.

Download is certainly the way to go moving forward and I'm definitely bundle by bundle rebuilding the entire library via Kaleidescape.

Thanks,

Mike

I see. I'm afraid that an application like that is not supported. The requirement under the Blu-ray license is that the disc must be physically present "in the system" to be able to play imported content. "The system" is made up of components in the same location, on the same LAN.

The only options that would be supported (other than physically moving the vault from location to location) would be to install a complete second system with duplicate disc media, or to do Disc-to-Digital purchases for as many titles as possible and use a Terra/Strato system in the second location.

I hope that clarifies! Sorry that the licenses don't support what you hoped to do.

whichever systems you set for download the last time you made a purchase. I know the mobile app does that.
OT: It would be great if it also remembered which version(s) you downloaded. As we also have an Alto, for every download we have to change the default from the store of “HDR”and “Blu-ray” to just “HDR.”

Yeah, that's literally at the top of my "want to do" list. Unfortunately, since we have three storefronts (onscreen, apps, web), the infrastructure to implement it is a bit complicated, which means it takes more resources and therefore is harder to get the work scheduled.

Back