• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape Remote

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I've been receiving questions regarding availability of Kaleidescape's remote control so I decided to post this latest info (or lack of).

I checked with K yesterday and the K remote will be available in the "near future." Price has not been decided (if it has been, it is not yet available). For those that do not know, this is the same remote control available with the new Mini Server System (Josh posted some excellent info on this, along with pictures).

I'll update this thread as soon as I have more info.

Jim

Has anyone spotted the similarity between the K remote and the Windows media centre remote??

It's included in the mini system which kind of makes sense, but I wonder why there would be a need for a stand alone remote for a full K system, surely most installations would have some form of control ot programmed remote in the system?

Has anyone spotted the similarity between the K remote and the Windows media centre remote??

It's included in the mini system which kind of makes sense, but I wonder why there would be a need for a stand alone remote for a full K system, surely most installations would have some form of control ot programmed remote in the system?

Given the Mini's market and cost it is logical to include a remote.

I think you would also be surprised at how many owner's have commented about the lack of a basic remote with a K System. Even with installs of the larger capacity Systems, there are some owners that do not have control systems (like Crestron, AMX, etc.). This is further evidenced by the fact that K provides control modules for many standard remotes (Universal, RTI, Philips, etc.)

Jim

I think it is a good thing to have as a "backup" to a Crestron, etc. When my system first got installed, I had a hiccup with my Crestron remote (on a Friday night, of course) and was able to control everything in my system either with the other remotes or on the panel of the hardware itself. It was at that point that I learned that there was no option at all on the Kscape itself. (I called the dealer to ask them where they put the kscape remote after they installed it and was scratching my head when they said it didn't have one).

I know you can use a laptop to control but that is a little cumbersome (especially if wifi doesn't penetrate your theater). This would definitely be a welcome thing to have for no other reason but to back up your main system and to use for a mini-player instead of a handheld universal (the pictures look to be a much more intuitive design and easier access to all the kscape options)

Quick tip for those who don't know this: In addtion to universal remotes and/or the Harmony remotes, you can use just about any DVD player remote to control your KPlayer.

Back