• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Jurassic Park Collection DTS 5.1??

Kaycee2000

Hi folks. im brand new to k-scape so pardon my ignorance. I was thinking to buy the Jurassic Park collection, but before i purchased, i noticed that the audio for all of them except the last one is in DTS HD 5.1.. the disc are all in DTS-X so I'm wondering why these don't have the same quality?

Some (not all) of them do have the DTS:X track on the HD version, but not the UHD and HDR versions.

This bugs me, too.
I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting this from a system that claims to have the best audio and video on the market..

Hi folks. im brand new to k-scape so pardon my ignorance. I was thinking to buy the Jurassic Park collection, but before i purchased, i noticed that the audio for all of them except the last one is in DTS HD 5.1.. the disc are all in DTS-X so I'm wondering why these don't have the same quality?
They saved the best for last :) Jokes aside, sometimes Kaleidescape updates the audio soundtracks later on (free of charge). Make sure to check movie updates in your account time to time.

I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting this from a system that claims to have the best audio and video on the market..

Unfortunately, that varies based on the movie. Some movies, the best version is on Kscape, but for others, disc.

For Jurassic Park, if the HDR versions get the DTS X. It would almost certainly be a free update.

Without getting too much into the weeds about this (there are many threads to find on this subject)…it is not Kscapes call. They get what studio sends. I am sure they can request but I have no idea if they have any influence.

Ok thanks guys. I will be paying more attention to this now. I'm a but if a content snob, so I won't be buying things here that don't have the best quality content.

Don't knock the 5.1 tracks, they still sound really good, I wouldn't let that stop you from purchasing the K store version

Don't knock the 5.1 tracks, they still sound really good, I wouldn't let that stop you from purchasing the K store version

While there are plenty of good Atmos disc tracks unavailable on K at the moment that I wish they'd add, there have been several times I've noticed the Kaleidescape master 5.1/7.1 track sounds much better than the disc equivalent with Atmos. Try one upmixed and see for yourself.

Without getting too much into the weeds about this (there are many threads to find on this subject)…it is not Kscapes call. They get what studio sends. I am sure they can request but I have no idea if they have any influence.
That would be an absolute bummer because that would literally mean we’re at the mercy of “you’ll get what we give you”. Thats not a good way to run a biz if they cant continuously listen to their consumers and be transparent with any of their reasonings (if they give any). When you said “many threads”, I can think of countless movies that still are in SD/HD and the upgraded equivalent has been available for awhile (same with DTS X/ other audio mixes).

Back