• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc Vault Wants To Eject 63 Discs Out Of The Blue

todo

My Disc Vault M 700 this morning for no reason is showing this message:

There are 320 disc vault slots, 53 of which are empty.

There are 46 discs awaiting verification and 64 discs awaiting ejection.

I did not add any discs for a few days and it has been just sitting - K Escape will not open until Monday so I request any suggestions to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Is anything suspicious observed with your server? Drive(s) status? Any messages on your K system intranet page? Have you tried to play a movie that is awaiting verification or ejection? Have you tried resetting the changer and server from the "component" section of the Settings page of My K-scape?

Good luck to you. Keep us posted.

Thanks for trying to help..
I can play movies no problem.
No error messages on the intranet page.
I reset the Vault also powered on and off (By taking the power chord out).
It now says 86 discs unverified - and 181 Bly Rays Good which I can play.
The ones it wants to eject are showing under 'Type' as 'Media'...
The 86 discs were Ok until this morning - also I did not add any new discs in quite a few days.

I ejected the 86 discs... and tried to out a batch of 10 back -the M700 accepted three and rejected the rest..
I will wait for K Escape to open on Monday and contact me...

K Escape tech told me to get the M700 rollers cleaned.. which means taking out all discs and doing surgery on the vault...

K Escape tech told me to get the M700 rollers cleaned.. which means taking out all discs and doing surgery on the vault...

It's not hard. By the way, you don't need to remove all the discs. Just need to remove about a 45 degrees worth. That gives you room to clean the rollers on the player, then rotate the carousel and clean the rollers used to import discs.

Send me a PM if you want to talk about it. You may also wish to read the thread below. Do you have the disassembly instructions yet?

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1880&highlight=M700

Thanks for guidance... and I did get the instructions to clean the rollers from K Escape.
And great tip on not having to empty out the carsol I have 131 empty slots and that should be sufficient...

Thanks for guidance... and I did get the instructions to clean the rollers from K Escape.
And great tip on not having to empty out the carsol I have 131 empty slots and that should be sufficient...

You'll likely find that your empty slots are not contiguous, so pulling discs is probably a certainty. That said, the entire process to include "IDing" the discs left in the server and adding back the ones removed for cleaning really didn't take that long.
Highly recommend you use the pads they suggest. Lint is your enemy inside that thing. Also, I found some 99% isopropyl alcohol. That's hard to find in a drug store, but try to find at least 90% as it will cut through the grime faster. I found both on Amazon and got them in a day or two.

Also, I found some 99% isopropyl alcohol. That's hard to find in a drug store, but try to find at least 90% as it will cut through the grime faster. I found both on Amazon and got them in a day or two.

If you have a local computer parts/repair store, those are a fairly safe bet to find the stuff. Looks to be a fair bit cheaper/faster than Amazon to boot.

Ordered isopropyl 99% from Amazon - need to find the lint free pads next..
Will do the surgery later this week..

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/PEC-PAD-Lint-Free-Wipes-100per/dp/B0001M6K24?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage"]Amazon.com: PEC-PAD Lint Free Wipes 4"x4" 100per/Pkg: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

Had this happen to me as well. There's about 20 tiny little screws to remove. Tedious for sure but simple fix. I used alcohol on cotton q-tips to do the job. Taking out of the rack was the pita!

Back