• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Disc to Digital

TikiTat

It seems as though Disc to Digital is not available any more. Is this temporary or have we lost this feature now?

Edit:

I see the link is no longer in the main description of the movie, but there is now verbiage in the left margin. D2D price is shown as the Purchase price

Last edited:
Yes.
Also noticed an asterisk next to the resolution upgrade price, indicating "special upgrade pricing".

IMG_0795.jpeg

But it now only shows this if you have the title in your library. If you go in the movie store, it doesn't show anything anymore that gives you any indication of disc to digital being available like it did before. So it leaves the burden on you to check by loading a disc if you have something like a Cinema One or Alto.

But it now only shows this if you have the title in your library. If you go in the movie store, it doesn't show anything anymore that gives you any indication of disc to digital being available like it did before. So it leaves the burden on you to check by loading a disc if you have something like a Cinema One or Alto.
Not really....
Image 29.08.20 at 21.06.jpeg

Oh, i see it now. New location (far left, at the bottom, under the cover art). Thanks, I'd have totally missed that.

I learned something about this recently when doing disc-to-digital on everything I could to free up a vault. I selected same resolution as an easy way to filter out the $5.99 Blu-ray to HD options for everything in my system. There were a few movies (Top Gun for example but I had 5-10 others in mind) I planned to upgrade to 4K but I figured I could come back later to pay the extra $3. I was in a bit of a hurry to clear out the vault before the installer was on site so I could have him remove it and box it up while he was working on everything else. So I just did same resolution for everything to save time.

Turns out that when you own the digital copy, you can't get the disc only to digital pricing. After going Blu-ray to HD with Top Gun, my only option now is $15.99 for 4K. I feel the need, but not for another $15.99!

I have a request into support to confirm there isn't another way around this, but it seems like you only get one disc-to-digital purchase with the very low price and you can't come back and go HD to 4K even if you still have the disc and Blu-ray version in the system. Assuming this is true, I should have spent the extra time on the list before submitting the purchase.

Really........ Here is Jaws 2 from the K-scape store with my account logged in.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 9.45.20 AM.png

Clearly nothing AT ALL about disc to digital pricing, which used to be listed as Disc To Digital Available in the main listing. Now I only see if a title has this option if I check it by inserting the disc into the Alto and having it come up. Maybe it is showing for you because you already have this title in your library? But that doesn't do anyone any good if they are wondering if titles in their disc library are available for D2D without going through the process of inserting a disc at a time and the tedium of that process.

Really........ Here is Jaws 2 from the K-scape store with my account logged in.

View attachment 1467

Clearly nothing AT ALL about disc to digital pricing, which used to be listed as Disc To Digital Available in the main listing. Now I only see if a title has this option if I check it by inserting the disc into the Alto and having it come up. Maybe it is showing for you because you already have this title in your library? But that doesn't do anyone any good if they are wondering if titles in their disc library are available for D2D without going through the process of inserting a disc at a time and the tedium of that process.
I am logged in too and still see it as per my screenshot above. Grit confirms seeing it as well. Maybe worth checking with K why you don’t.

Last edited:
I've tried it on multiple computers including the one I'm typing this on that I installed on Friday. I even wiped all history and cache just to be sure. Same results. Also doesn't matter if I'm logged into my account or not on the K page. Are you sure you're not seeing this because of cache?

This is after signing out, doing a full cache wipe and a full clear history. Brand new computer that was setup on Friday.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 10.35.25 AM.png

Kris, while cache has most probably nothing to do with it, I emptied it, cleared history and I can still see it from 3 different computers and my iPhone(from browser). See attached and check bottom left, it is there.
I however can't see it when I am signed off.

I don't understand why you can't. Would be interested to understand why not, would suggest letting K know.

Best,

Kostas

Image 31.08.20 at 20.25.jpegImage 31.08.20 at 20.32.jpeg

So weird. I just re-logged in and checked these two titles you just posted and still nothing. I'll ask K.

I noticed this last week as well and inquired. Like Kris, I'm not seeing the "pricing available" tag under the left pane either.

I was told that D2D itself is still available and not going away.

Strange... I am wondering if the fact that I have a Premiere system(Grandfathered 1U+ & vault co-stared with Encore) has something to do with it. D2D(from physical media) is not possible with Encore systems and that could explain why the ”D2D Pricing is available for this title” doesn‘t show up. This is just an assumption though, I cannot think of anything else.

I can see the disc to digital message as well when logged in. If I log out, or view it in an incognito window, I can no longer see it. I also have an Alto linked to my Strato.

Back