• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Current KEAOS Software: Versions and Updates

Does this mean that there is no catalodding of discs on the premiere line? I have a lot of discs that I don't load in order to save space (mainly BR supplemental discs). I was looking forward to the new cataloging feature to keep track of these.

Also, if this feature is not going to keep track of purchased movies then it would be nice to have a tab on the store that lists all of my movies that currently have not been downloaded (no versions). As the store adds more studios, it's going to get harder to track these.

John

Good link.

FYI, although the there is a note at the bottom that indicates a disc Vault cannot be linked with the "Alto" (currently true), there is a plan to allow this linking at some point in 2015.

Jim

A shame then, it could be a useful function for the whole of us... though based on the posts above, it seems M-1s have been grandfathered into that function. Though with all-but-one title having UV codes it won't make that big a difference [for its intended use.]

The support article points out it only catalogs if there is no vault, otherwise, it imports. Feels backwards. It would seem if someone wanted to import, and had a vault... they would use it.

My system updated to version 6 KEAOS and I have noticed that I now have a collection named "Songs" that lists all the movies that have songs marked. When I pick a title it goes to the list of longs for that movie.

This is a ice addition.

John

My system updated to version 6 KEAOS and I have noticed that I now have a collection named "Songs" that lists all the movies that have songs marked. When I pick a title it goes to the list of longs for that movie.

..unfortunately it doesn't have the option of "play all songs"

If you choose a particular movie from the songs collection and then choose the song to play, once it's played the movie just continues from the end of that song. I'd like the option to play all the songs in a movie one after the other (like we can for scenes).

Yes, that's why on my favorite ones I mark all the "songs" as "scenes" since there is an option to "play all scenes" on a given title.

John

This is a ice addition.

John

I just noticed that I have collection called "Extras" also. It contains all the movies that have extras that have been marked by Kaleidescape. Pick a movie and goes straight to the supplemental features.

John

This is a ice addition.

John

Yes, that's cool. ;)

I'm noticing the Encore install guides use kOS 7.1 but still running 6.2 on mine.

Anyone noticing 7.x in the wild and what all may be included (other than the magic of 4k)

I wonder if that's what caused the rather large inventorying cycle I heard going on yesterday. Not thrilled it un-identified 4 discs in the process, so just hoping they aren't blanked.

You're not alone there, my system spit out two discs (I think I'm now up to 6 or 7 over the past couple of years). Considering the number installed in my vaults, not really a big deal, but it would be nice if this did not happen at all. I'll likely delete those movies and re-import.

Jim

If the Disc Vault (or Disc Server) does an inventory and flags discs for ejection, it's sometimes just due to difficulty reading that disc. The first thing I would try is just re-inserting them, perhaps after double-checking them to be sure that they don't have smudges or fingerprints. If they identify correctly, then no need to do anything else.

By the way, I'm not sure if everybody knows this tip. When you insert a disc or discs into the disc vault, the display will say something like "Two discs to be identified". The system waits a couple of minutes after the last disc insertion, in case you're loading additional discs. But, if you've loaded all the discs you plan to load, just press the "OK" button on the front panel, and identification will start right away.

Oh, to answer the earlier question, 7.1 is primarily about support for Terra and Strato. It applies only to Encore systems.

6.2.2 includes some bug fixes for Premiere systems.

It took them all back in, although one needed a second (or third) attempt. A bit worried that none would play on the laptop, so they are probably in the process of blanking, and now I know what I need to make sure to prioritize for watch-through this weekend.

I would never want to delete content from the system if it was having trouble identifying or otherwise reading the disc, since there would be no guarantee I could get it back in.

[Sorry my aside derailed a little there.]

Yeah, I understand that. I had deleted titles in the past to make room when I was tight on storage only to find that a couple discs would not load in the future. Very annoying when one of them was from a 22 disc set I bought of the entire BSG series. I certainly didn't want to buy that whole thing over and they don't offer disc to digital for TV shows.

For what it's worth, the optical drive in the Disc Vault/Disc Server is different from the drives in the M500, and sometimes one or the other drive is more successful in handling a marginal disc. For example, I have seen a Blu-ray disc that could not be successfully imported using a Disc Vault suceed in an M500. Provided that the Disc Vault can read the disc well enough to identify it, you might be able to import the disc in an M500, then put it in the Disc Vault to satisfy disc presence.

It's also worth trying to wash the disc with soap and water. (Obviously, be sure it's fully dry, etc.) We've seen discs that had no visible signs of dirt or contamination fail until they were washed.

Merge Software

Looking to contract for some remote control software reprogramming and wondering about the timeline for the software drop that merges the new and legacy gear together and thus provides a unified movie guide.
Apologies if I missed it during a search. Any date ranges anyone can share?

Also, is it fair to assume one could use the Strato player for all content and thus simplify the HDMI connection requirements to the display and pre-pro?

Thank you.

Back