• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Current KEAOS Software: Versions and Updates

One of the last update included a pause between episodes, in the series. Doing the pause the Intermission screen automatically displays. This was a really nice added feature.

One of the last update included a pause between episodes, in the series. Doing the pause the Intermission screen automatically displays. This was a really nice added feature.

That seems horribly counter-productive to someone using the play-all function for marathoning. Hopefully that will be something we can turn on or off in the settings.

That seems horribly counter-productive to someone using the play-all function for marathoning. Hopefully that will be something we can turn on or off in the settings.

Agreed, an (on/off/continuous play) feature would be nice. I rather the current feature than in the past one, where the DVD would exit to the main menu.

I also agree. I noticed this while playing a TV series for my 4 yr old. It was better the old way to just press play and the system would run. Maybe there is something I missing? Hopefully it will be patched soon

I also agree. I noticed this while playing a TV series for my 4 yr old. It was better the old way to just press play and the system would run. Maybe there is something I missing? Hopefully it will be patched soon

If you select "Play All", playback of all episodes continues uninterrupted.

I've just updated to kOS 5.2.0 and I see a "set maximum download speed" in the Home UI, is that something to do with the store? When I saw 100Mbps I almost fell off my chair, my down speed typically maxes out at 5Mbps!

I've just updated to kOS 5.2.0 and I see a "set maximum download speed" in the Home UI, is that something to do with the store? When I saw 100Mbps I almost fell off my chair, my down speed typically maxes out at 5Mbps!

Yes, that is for the store, and some folks here (in US) have very high speeds. I'm maxed out at 18Mbps myself, but I've got friends at 50+.:cool:

Jim

A few other changes to 5.2.0:

* There is now a full onscreen keyboard for naming scenes, collections, mix albums, etc.
* You can now create, rename, delete collections (movies and music) via the OSD instead of having to go to the browser interface.
* This version of kOS introduces support for the Cinema One (2nd generation).

Nice improvements!:)

Jim

Thanks John. I saw that this thread hadn't been updated in a while and saw my system was updated on 2/3 with that version and thought (am I the only one) :)

Thanks again!

I received a couple of recent questions regarding the current software version ((KEAOS). The current version is 5.3.1-13010. The "date" you receive the update may differ from others based on when the latest version gets pushed out to your system. I received this latest version on January 28, 2014.

Jim

old software - not upgrading

I have recently switched on my K, after a substantial period of it being switched off. The software version is 4.3.4-11640 which I know is out of date. I have rebooted the server several times to prompt a download of the latest software but no joy.

Can anyone offer any explanation?

Mark

I have recently switched on my K, after a substantial period of it being switched off. The software version is 4.3.4-11640 which I know is out of date. I have rebooted the server several times to prompt a download of the latest software but no joy.

Can anyone offer any explanation?

Servers don't pull updates, K pushes them to you. So if it's been off, you won't get anything until they try again. If you want to accelerate the process, the only way is to email support at K and ask if they can initiate a push.

--Donnie

Mark, I'll push the update to you in the morning (if not sooner). Leave it powered on.

Jim

My system was just updated to 5.4.0-13377. Anyone have guesses as to what's in it?

Peter

Mine updated to 5.4.1-13485 on 7/28 and I suddenly have issues with my 1U server switching off during the night for no apparent reason. After unplugging the power cord for a few seconds and plugging it in again, it starts up and works fine the entire day till sometime the next night! When I get up in the morning it is off again! Anyone with a similar problem?

Back