• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Current KEAOS Software: Versions and Updates

Obviously joking there my friend!:) (Although I suspect our kidding is an accurate statement of what the latest update accomplishes.)

Jim

As Mr Rumsfeld once remarked:

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

My Kaleidescape system software has just upgraded to 5.0.1-11716 which I'm assuming is a major update...
However I've got a problem, I can't access my installer GUI now! When I try to access my installer GUI the browser is opening the home GUI, is anybody else seeing this?

The user and installer web pages have been merged in kOS 5.0.1. Click on the Settings link and you'll find all of the functionality of the old installer pages there.

I like how the update will make it easier to juggle the vault between servers. However, the odd thing is how under View Another System lists "unnamed servers" but provides no place to name them (beyond the system URL, which it complains about having multiple servers, but only if you do what it says and pick different names.)

The web interface pages load a lot faster and I like the installer integration into the main page. The interface on the players is a little modified- it now shows you when things were imported in the New collection. Overall I think its a very nice upgrade- even when you dont count the store.

Ever since my server upgraded to 5.01, Safari asks me for a password for access its contents. Its a pain to me. Does anyone know how to disable this feature?

Are you able to access via another browser, say Firefox?

My system is on 5.01 and I had unrestricted access to the browser interface pages in Safari and Firefox immediately after the upgrade.

You can change the password via my-kaleidescape>settings>password...assuming of course you know what the current password is....I'm guessing here you can just leave the new password field empty and that will disable the password access.

Ok sorry. I figured in out...

It seems I had cookies disabled and this seems to have been the trigger to reenter my password. I often do this as I dislike having every website send some sort of tracking to my computer and only allow cookies when needed.

I have always done this but never had a problem with earlier releases.

Thanks brodricj for the quick reply

Yup, this is the latest, released a week ago.

Jim

Yup, that's the latest, released a couple weeks ago.

Jim

Back