• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Current KEAOS Software: Versions and Updates

I likewise got 4.0.5-9018 on 1/25... and I'm wondering if that's why navigating the web interfaces have suddenly become a bear, with most clicks ending up in "cannot find page" land. At first I thought it was just a network glitch in my new tablet, but apparently it's happening from the computer too.

You shouldn't be having that problem. When I had that version it worked fine and as far as I know none of our client's are having issues with that version. As you mentioned, I'd double check your network.

Jim

You shouldn't be having that problem. When I had that version it worked fine and as far as I know none of our client's are having issues with that version. As you mentioned, I'd double check your network.

Jim

There is a newer version than that?

There is a newer version than that?

Sorry, I wasn't thinking when I answered that post. Although I currently do have a newer version, I believe it is still considered beta. The version being discussed here is the latest official version, AFAIK. K is always making improvements, so regular updates are the norm and I suspect a newer version will be released soon.

Jim

My system was upgraded to software version 4.0.5-9018 on January 18 and it works fine so perhaps it is a network issue. One thing that has and remains an issue generally for me any way is that using internet explorer with my system it is painfully slow where as Google Chrome works just fine

You shouldn't be having that problem.
Agreed, but I haven't made any network changes in quite a while, and been running the IE9-preview for some time now (and for some reason that's only seen one update ever.) I am also not in the middle of importing, so it's not the temporary drop for that either.

The problems here (screen capture from just now) only got bad recently.
1 - Page not found, sometimes more frequent than others.
2 (green) - Browser loses connection (I was not even trying to navigate when that screen-cap was taken.)
3 (red) - Page doesn't enitrely load or load correctly.

Makes me a little concerned about going to do my next bulk import once a long enough cable arrives to reach the reader's new location.

Sorry, missed this for some reason.

That's strange, but clearly "something" is affecting the network. If you have not already done so, contact your dealer (or K's support) and get their take on the issue. Problem with network issues is it's sometimes difficult to pinpoint the problem.

Jim

Moving along!

Jim

I just noticed my system software upgraded to 4.1.2-9621 (June 30). Has anyone noticed anything new worth mentioning?

Is this the new patch that will analyze your music and movie collection and email your friends to hold an intervention if they see you suddenly loading up on Barbara Streisand, Celine Dion and every season of Sex in the City?

I swear, they are my wife's!!

I told herself that Sex in the City 2 would not import. When asked why I replied that it was on the grounds of good taste and it was not a very good film.

I was then informed that does not seem consistent given some the "stuff" I have on there. I really don't understand what she means.... I imported that Wrestlemania Boxset for the enjoyment of others not myself.

'Your system upgraded to software version 4.2.0-9873 on July 27.'

Does anyone know what the update contains??

Peter

I guess Kaleidescape must be pushing the update to customers who have ordered an M700. I'm still on KEAOS 4.1.2 (I haven't ordered an M700, but I would if it supported lossless decoding to PCM!!).

BTW: Where is Tom B. from K, haven't heard from him on the forum for quite a while?

.........BTW: Where is Tom B. from K, haven't heard from him on the forum for quite a while?

He's alive and well, just VERY busy!!!:)

Jim

Back