• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CoStar Set Up Woes

Noah Winter

So, I was able to set up the Strato fine, pretty much just plug and play. Last week my Costar arrived, and I followed the instructions. However, I was unable to sync my 3U with the Strato. Discs from my M700 Vault appeared on the Strato screen in my theater, but many of the Strato's 4K movies no longer appear. My 4K movies still show up when I access the Strato on the web interface. I ran the same cables the Strato and Premier were using into the Costar so I would not think it was a cable problem.

This box appears when I attempt to pair my 3U with the Strato. I contacted my dealer who stated they are looking into this. Does anyone know if this may be the problem and what the dealer may need to do enable the pairing?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

IMG_1047 (002).jpg

I modified my original answer, because I likely misread your post. When you say you followed the instructions, I assumed you first paired the two systems, and then followed the procedure for pairing the Players, but if that's the case, you would be on a different page than the pic you shared. What do you see when you select the Setup System Pairing box above?

Jim

Did you click the “Setup System Pairing” button?

The reason it says that it needs the assistance of your dealer is that you have to order the Co-Star switch. Since you have the switch, you should be able to proceed with the process from there.

Thanks Jim and Mike, your questions got me thinking so I unpaired the M700 from the Strato and put it back in the Premier system. Then I paired again after confirming both systems had the most recent KOS. Now when I go to the Strato component screen on the web Gui it states the Strato is paired with the Premier system. It does have an option to "add a component" at the bottom of the Strato component screen but I think doing so would separate the M700 from the Premier system and mess everything up again.

I now have a blank screen in my theater room when I select the Strato from my Control 4. I think my problems may now be with updating my Control 4 with the Costar. I will also probably replace the HDMI cable from the Costar to the Anthem Receiver (Pre-Pro) just to eliminate that possibility and will be reaching out today my Av folks for the Control 4.

Thanks for your suggestions and let me know if you have any additional thoughts.

Co-Star is intended to pair a Strato/Terra system with a Premiere system. The two systems remain separate systems, but the Strato will fetch library information from the Premiere, show those movies in its GUI, and control the Premiere player when necessary. So, yes, assuming that you're using the M700 as a player, it should be part of the Premiere system, and not moved to the Strato/Terra. (The M700 is the only component for which this is even a possibility, since it can act as a disc server on a Strato system, but its player zone is deactivated when it's moved to a Strato system...)

From the standpoint of a control system and video playback, everything should look like you're simply controlling the Strato.

You might find this video helpful. It's a little bit outdated and a couple of the options in the browser have slightly different names, but the process is still the same.

thanks Mike. One question, when the systems are paired, would the Strato OSD then control a movie playing from the m700, or do you have to go back to the Premier OSD to control the movie?

Back