• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Control 4, Strato and Lutron

House72

Hello All

When I play all scenes from a movie or run a script of songs from multiple concerts, every time one scene ends and before next scene starts or one song ends and next song starts lights come up and go down. I think this is as a result of the system giving feedback to C4 via pause and play. My C4 is programmed to turn on and off lights to 25% when pause button is pressed. Is there a way to only make lights turn on if the pause is over 10 or 12 seconds. If less that that time, it should not do anything with light. Transitions don’t take more than 6 or 8 seconds and 12 would be plenty.

I already messaged my dealer, but want to see if this is even possible.

Cheers

Raj

I think it is not a “pause” but a “stop/start” between scenes. The delay is how long it takes for the next scene to buffer and start playing. I am not sure what your C4 is doing but it is going to take something different than just a delay.

John

I am okay with the delay. My C4 turns on my lights as if pause is pressed and when next scene starts turns off the light. I want to see if that can be delayed.

I would change the C4 programming from Strato play/pause status to actually pressing the pause button on the remote to trigger the lights. I have my system programmed off the remote button push of pause. First press pauses the video and second press of the pause button triggers Intermission and lights come up.

Thanks. I have reached out late in the evening to my dealer. He is very responsive and this should be sorted soon.

It can be done as I do it for my Crestron system but in a slightly different way. I actually have a script watching mode and a “day” mode whereby I can trigger that option and the light control is essentially turned off while engaged. I also have it turn off every night just to make sure the next time I sit down it’s back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is now fixed. Last evening C4 Control dealer pushed the update and its working well. Thanks all.

Cheers

Raj

Back