• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Concert requests (blu-ray quality)

ht guy

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
1) David Bowie - Divine Symmetry
2) Eric Clapton - Across 24 Nights (3 blu-rays - Rock, Blues & Orchestra)
3) Tanglewood 75th Anniversary

Last edited:
There are a few others on my list that I desperately wish we could get, but they have no EST rights available at all, and even the physical discs are out of print. We're not talking about unknown artists here, either, so I'm sure it has something to do with rights, clearances, contracts, and heaven only knows what else.

Anyway, I don't want to discourage you all from posting suggestions. Please do! Just be aware that in some cases the content is simply unavailable, at least for the time being.

There are a few others on my list that I desperately wish we could get, but they have no EST rights available at all, and even the physical discs are out of print. We're not talking about unknown artists here, either, so I'm sure it has something to do with rights, clearances, contracts, and heaven only knows what else.

Anyway, I don't want to discourage you all from posting suggestions. Please do! Just be aware that in some cases the content is simply unavailable, at least for the time being.
Let me know when Kaleidescape is ready to start producing Kaleidescape Originals. I’ve done several concert films and if I could choose one type of project to build the remainder of my career around, it would be concert films.

Seems like a great way to start building the original content if you ask me. 😉

I have to add Hell Freezes Over - Eagles. Not my favourite band but certainly my favourite live concert and the best version of 'that song'.

Still one of the absolute best concerts for audio. Thankfully, my Cinema One ripped the DVD disc right to my K library. It's wonderful.

Still one of the absolute best concerts for audio. Thankfully, my Cinema One ripped the DVD disc right to my K library. It's wonderful.
Yeah - bit jealous over that one. Just seems such an obvious candidate for tarting up and re-releasing.

Yeah - bit jealous over that one. Just seems such an obvious candidate for tarting up and re-releasing.
My guess is there are some royalty and legal road blocks among band members, former band members and estates that will never allow this one to be upgraded or rereleased.

@MikeKobb What about getting Metropolitan Opera back on K? I got my system a couple of months after their catalog went away. :(

Hi Dmitry, nothing to report on The Met, but we are pursuing additional opera content from out other classical licensors. Their title lists don't get updated as frequently as movie/TV, but we continue to work on it.

I'd like to see Where the Light Is (John Meyer live in LA), the Blu-ray is fantastic. Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds is another one. I'd also like to see Beyonce's self titled album released on K. She released it as a Blu-ray with a video for every song that is excellent for demos and such.

George Michael - Live in London, Symphonica
Robbie Williams - Live at the Albert, Live at Knebworth, Live at the Palladium, Live in Tallinn, What We Did Last Summer
Mötley Crüe - Carnival of Sins
U2 - Live at Red Rocks, Rattle & Hum, ...
AcDc - Live at Donnington
Duran Duran - Sing Blue Silver

Coldplay: Ghost Stories
Sarah McLachlan: Mirrorball
James Taylor: Live at the Beacon Theater
Second Kris's vote for Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds

Here are my favorite concerts missing from Kaleidescape (sort of in order of preference):
Scorpions in Athens – MTV Unplugged (this is my favorite concert to date)​
Styx: One With Everything​
Cream – Live at the Royal Albert Hall​
David Foster & Friends – Hit Man​
David Foster & Friends – Hit Man Returns​
Black Symphony – Within Temptation​
John Williams - Live in Vienna​
A John Williams Celebration​
Delirious?: Farewell Show, Live in London​
Joe Bonamassa: An Acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House​
Joe Bonamassa: Live from The Royal Albert Hall​
Lang Lang at the Royal Albert Hall​