• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Coming up next - place your bets

Which of the "Big Ten" movie studioes do you think will be next to be added to the Kaleide

• Relativity Media

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Open Road Films

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted Paramount only because I remember with DVD how difficult both Fox and Disney were with coming to the format. Thats probably really out of date thinking but thats how I voted!

Odd for Fox being difficult with DVD unless they were in bed with DiVx, too far back for me to remember. I do know Fox supported D-Theater.

Still, is 152 sales per day a number that a studio would find interesting? While it sounds like a lot, if the average "ring" was $30, then it is only $4500 per day, or $1.6M in annual sales or about $500k per major studio annually. I don't think that is really enough to get them excited, but I do see a trend towards store purchases increasing over time.

152 sales per day does not quite even qualify as a rounding error.

Yes I think Fox and Disney were the longest hold outs to DVD. I think Paramount was no easy friend either. But its been so long. I'm just going on gut feelings.

Since the announcement was, I think, for "by end of Q1", let's hope things are on schedule. Then we should have at least one new studio within two weeks.

I'm fortunate enough to get copies of all BR disks, new and legacy, free of charge. (Yes, legally obtained media). But for the rest of you, I'm happy that K will soon have more studios!

I am going with Disney. I know it's a long shot. However, they seem to have changed their toon a little recently with the Google anywhere deal and chatter that Disney will figure prominently in Apples new streaming media offering, beyond ESPN. Further, this would change the face of K for so many. I would say that 60 of the disks in my dv700 are Disney, maybe more. If you could buy a K Alto pre loaded with a 100 Disney classics, would be candy to a baby. Dad would get his K player and mom would have all the Disney films.. Parents of the year! For K, whatever it takes to get Disney is worth it in my mind. All the others, eh by comparison.

I'm very eager to see something announced soon. I hope they have similar content offering to VUDU by summer. That would really drive me to finally buy in.

I was concerned about 3D for a bit as well as something holding me off, but that's a moot point for me now. Wide studio support would get me in plus a well priced disc vault.

Since the announcement was, I think, for "by end of Q1", let's hope things are on schedule. Then we should have at least one new studio within two weeks.

Well tomorrow is the 31st. Any rumblings?!?

When my Notre Dame women win the NCAA, we're all going to............:D

Jim

;)

Good luck!! Seems like there's always UCONN to go through.

Phew, UConn destroyed their opponent last night. At one point in the second half they were up by like 25 points.

And today is the 31st. So I have my fingers crossed that we'll hear something from K. I would even be happy just to get an announcement with a date, not necessarily even content today.

I agree with you both, UConn is always there in the end (beat us by 18 in regular season, one of only two loses). We'll see, most didn't give the men a chance against Kentucky, but they almost pulled that off. Always have to play the game.:)

Just got back in from San Antonio, out there routing for my golfing neighbor (Billy). Placed third, had a good run.

Jim

Well tomorrow is the 31st. Any rumblings?!?

These Q1, Q2...statements by manufacturers are always forward looking, and perhaps even hopeful. This industry has so many moving parts it is not always easy to keep schedules, and probably the reason "Q's" are often used as timeline markers. Hopefully we'll see movement soon.

While I'm personally hoping for Disney, given the way they control their content it wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the other Studios. Frankly, I'm surprised Disney's even in the mix (of course we started this speculation, no official comment on any Studio has ever come from K). Hopefully we'll see something soon.

Jim

As much as I am looking for new studios, I am also looking for vault to be released. I currently have concerts and south asian movies, that will never show up on store or not in near future. Vault will be the thing for me to look forward to.

Cheers

Raj

Disney has been very open to partnering though with their DMA initiative. They link to VUDU, ITunes, and Google Play now.

Understood, but those services do not store content in the same way K does (the Alto gets closest), and Disney has always been sensitive to the persistent copy/control issues. Hopefully they've gotten past that by now.

Jim

Back