• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CEDIA

Fox 4K should be coming shortly, check bottom right of the attached. It's from a K store email I just received.

All the fanfare and this it what they provide :eek: :D.

I guess it can only get better - must be one of the worst films produced - ever. That said I absolutely loved the Danny Kaye version.

Well, the good news is that this is a title that has no 4K UHD BR release and (as far as I can tell) no plans for any release. So K seems to be ahead of the game.

John

Hopefully when they add Fox 4K titles maybe they will add UV support to Fox titles as I am assuming they are signing a new deal to get the 4K titles so maybe we will luck out and get UV support...

That would be exceptionally great news.

Video Showing some Paramount Titles, also Fox titles in UHD HDR and the Ability to Access the Movie Store Directly from the Strato Interface...

Very Exciting...

I love what I'm seeing on that video. So, here is the question I'm asking myself. I'm looking at buying another 3U server for a 2nd home that we have where I just have a Strato currently. I need more space and I like a bunch of the movies I have on my 3U at my main house. But if we get Paramount and we are getting 4K from virtually everyone, why even bother with the Premier equipment. I could convert most everything that I own from the store and then just keep it on a Terra at each location. Then I get the higher quality playback and features from the Strato. Or am I missing another reason to keep the Premier equipment? I love some of the hard to find movies that I have and home movies for that matter, but really, the Encore line will have virtually everything, won't it?

Just came back to post the link, realized I forgot to post the link...
Thanks for posting it...

I love what I'm seeing on that video. So, here is the question I'm asking myself. I'm looking at buying another 3U server for a 2nd home that we have where I just have a Strato currently. I need more space and I like a bunch of the movies I have on my 3U at my main house. But if we get Paramount and we are getting 4K from virtually everyone, why even bother with the Premier equipment. I could convert most everything that I own from the store and then just keep it on a Terra at each location. Then I get the higher quality playback and features from the Strato. Or am I missing another reason to keep the Premier equipment? I love some of the hard to find movies that I have and home movies for that matter, but really, the Encore line will have virtually everything, won't it?

The only thing you might be missing is that you won't be able to playback discs. There is no disc drive in the Strato and it does not support the vault. If you're fine with that then yes, it would make sense to go with just the Encore line using a Strato. If you must have disc support, then you can also get an Alto which has a Blu-ray drive and support the vault.

For Fox, I see "Alien:Covenant" in UHD. Are there any others I missed?

For Paramount, I see the following HD titles:

Ghost in the Shell
Baywatch
Transformers (two different movies but couldn't tell which ones).

John

For Fox, I see "Alien:Covenant" in UHD. Are there any others I missed?

For Paramount, I see the following HD titles:

Ghost in the Shell
Baywatch
Transformers (two different movies but couldn't tell which ones).

John

X-Men: Days of the future past in HDR- bottom left between XxX & Superman
Deadpool in HDR - middle right Between Guardians of the Galaxy and Jason Bourne
The Martian in HDR

Paramount:
Transformers 1-2-3-4

Last edited:
:)))

Further analyzing, accessing the store from the Strato is really a great feature ! Mike is this update coming soon?

I think that is a FANTASTIC feature! And if they are able to get us rentals and do it on screen... that really would be amazing! I have to give the whole KScape team credit- well done!

Guys I’m very excited for K going forward- I was at CEDIA and was very impressed! ��

There's a lot of activity going on behind the scenes, more good things planned in K's future, these CEDIA announcements are just the start. Stay tuned!

Jim

That interface looks even better than what we already have. The Store interface from on-screen is awesome, and I am so excited that Paramount seems to actually be on the near horizon. I hope it can be here before the end of the year.

Back