• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CEDIA

Should be opening day.

Jim

I believe Thursday is the official start, so any new info will be available after that time, BUT, I'm sure the usual pre-show industry discussions will result in some news reaching us any time in the coming days.

Jim

If any of you are attending the show, please do stop by and say hello!

There is a new Press Release that posted on Kaleidescape's website this morning, but all it talks about is the Premier/Encore integration using Co-Star. I'm still waiting to hear what the other two announcements are going to be that were promised for CEDIA. Anyone have any word? The anticipation is killing me.

Second Press Release.
https://www.kaleidescape.com/sony-e...le-drive-4k-projector-movie-player-purchases/

" Sony Electronics and Kaleidescape, Inc., announced today the availability of an exclusive 4K Movie Bundle promotion which has been specifically designed to deliver the ultimate 4K HDR experience to home theater enthusiasts. The Sony/Kaleidescape 4K Movie Bundle features classic titles and new releases from a number of major studios, including Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, and Warner Home Video. The bundle includes such recent hits as Spider-ManTM: Homecoming from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment."

Nice to see Fox in the Press Release.

Even better is seeing Paramount in this Twitter photo from the actual Sony press event today.
https://twitter.com/ArlenSchweiger/status/905583512270417921

I think this is all very encouraging news!

I love the PVOD concept. I will jump probably too many steps ahead, but I think it would be great if you had just viewed a PVOD that you really enjoyed and wanted to add to your collection, they should allow you to mark it as a pre-order for when it could be downloaded as purchased content (as opposed to rented).

what i would like to see is if you rented the movie, you get the opportunity to purchase it (when released of course) for significantly cheaper than normal. At this point I dont rent ANYTHING, so would it make sense for me to rent something for say $50, then buy it for $30? I'd rather just purchase for $30 and wait in that scenario... that is assuming my friends wouldnt chip in to pay :)

Here is another article from Cedia that has some other tidbits of information:

https://hdguru.com/kaleidescape-returns-to-cedia-with-costar-linking-kit-for-legacy-devices/

1. "Intitial titles from Paramount will include recent 2016 and 2017 releases in 4K/HDR, and those will gradually be joined by studio catalog titles."

2. Fox recently announced that it would be supporting the HDR10+ dynamic metadata format developed by Samsung, and Srinivasan told HD Guru that he has asked for the format specifications and his development team will be investigating system compatibility.

3. Kaleidescape also has been working with Lumagen on solutions to maintain a standard frame rate and HDMI version compatibility for various video projectors with different handshaking issues, Srinivasan said.

4. Srinivasan estimated there are between 65,000 and 70,000 Blu-ray quality M Class Kaleidescape players in the marketplace

5. Kaleidescape will be attending the Monaco Yacht Show at the end of September because Kaleidescape has become the defacto entertainment standard for the Yacht and Mega Yacht set.

John

Here is another article from Cedia that has some other tidbits of information:

https://hdguru.com/kaleidescape-returns-to-cedia-with-costar-linking-kit-for-legacy-devices/

1. "Intitial titles from Paramount will include recent 2016 and 2017 releases in 4K/HDR, and those will gradually be joined by studio catalog titles."

2. Fox recently announced that it would be supporting the HDR10+ dynamic metadata format developed by Samsung, and Srinivasan told HD Guru that he has asked for the format specifications and his development team will be investigating system compatibility.

3. Kaleidescape also has been working with Lumagen on solutions to maintain a standard frame rate and HDMI version compatibility for various video projectors with different handshaking issues, Srinivasan said.

4. Srinivasan estimated there are between 65,000 and 70,000 Blu-ray quality M Class Kaleidescape players in the marketplace

5. Kaleidescape will be attending the Monaco Yacht Show at the end of September because Kaleidescape has become the defacto entertainment standard for the Yacht and Mega Yacht set.

John

Thanks John - nice find.

Hopefully when they add Fox 4K titles maybe they will add UV support to Fox titles as I am assuming they are signing a new deal to get the 4K titles so maybe we will luck out and get UV support...

Fox 4K should be coming shortly, check bottom right of the attached. It's from a K store email I just received.

Attachments

• IMG_5791.jpg
    IMG_5791.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 64
Back