• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CEDIA 2019

DAY AND DATE! DAY AND DATE! Hopefully...

I don't think Day and Date is in the cards, Red Carpet just spent a ton of money to develop this for the super high end at $1500-$3000 per movie. I doubt they would have moved forward if day and date was imminent from Kscape.

Movies come out fast enough and my backlog of stuff I want to watch is also big enough that day and date isn't a big deal for me personally. No way I'm spending $1,500+ either. If we were talking like $99 - $149 then maybe I'd use it for stuff like Marvel and Star Wars.

Movies come out fast enough and my backlog of stuff I want to watch is also big enough that day and date isn't a big deal for me personally. No way I'm spending $1,500+ either. If we were talking like $99 - $149 then maybe I'd use it for stuff like Marvel and Star Wars.

Agreed, but it would be nice for party @ $200 for day and date.

Was waiting to see if anything came out today, but forgot CEDIA starts today but the 10th and 11th are training. Show floor isn't open until the 12th.

FYI, Kaleidescape products will be used in the following manufacturer rooms:

Barco Residential, 3030
Cortex VIP Cinemas, SR-6
Digital Projection, 2543
Display Technologies, 3030
Jaymar Furniture, 927
JBL Synthesis, 1313
Klipsch Group, SR-4
Meridian Audio, 3030
Momentum Group, 924 W. 1st Ave
Nexus 21, 3843
Origin Acoustics, 3837
Pro Audio Technology, SR-6
Rayva, 3837
Seymour Screen Excellence, SR-10
Sony Electronics, 2513
Steinway Lingdorf, 3030
Stewart Filmscreen, 2304
Trinnov Audio, SR-19
Wisdom Audio, BR 401-402

Sorry Lon, I don't know what they will share, or when they'll share it, but there are certainly announcements coming at some point, and the plan was/is at CEDIA. I know timing was very tight to announce something at CEDIA on one positive subject, so things could be delayed a few days, or a week, but it is coming. (Not hardware related.)

Jim

I met Cheena and several members of the K team at last years CEDIA. They are all so passionate about what they are doing. Great folks. SJ

At this point, I'm not expecting any major announcement or press release type of communication per my prior post. I won't be upset though if I'm pleasantly surprised.

I would encourage folks that there at CEDIA to go visit their booth, ask questions about the hot topics and future roadmap for us owner's, and then share summaries of their conversations here.

Okay, just to calm people down a bit, you can expect to hear the following. (But wait for the official announcement from Kaleidescape.)

MGM Studios will be in the Store very soon...
Universal Music Group concerts will be added to the high fidelity concert collection.

More to come.......

Jim

Okay, just to calm people down a bit, you can expect to hear the following. (But wait for the official announcement from Kaleidescape.)

MGM Studios will be in the Store very soon...
Universal Music Group concerts will be added to the high fidelity concert collection.

More to come.......

Jim

MGM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That didn't take long! Just posted and already had a call asking "what does very soon mean?"
My answer: "My twins have a birthday party in late October, and I expect to be watching MGM movies during the party."

But again, wait for Kaleidescape's official announcement, which is coming soon.

Hope that helps!

Jim

That didn't take long! Just posted and already had a call asking "what does very soon mean?"
My answer: "My twins have a birthday party in late October, and I expect to be watching MGM movies during the party."

But again, wait for Kaleidescape's official announcement, which is coming soon.

Hope that helps!

Jim

Hahah Congrats for both birthday and ur viewing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad MGM didn't make it in before UV was dropped. I have about 50 MGM titles on digital and don't really want to repurchase them all. Some of the classics will be unavoidable though.

Back