• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CEDIA 2018

All,

That is such bad news. Since a dealer is the source on this board I believe it to be true.

I would really try to figure out how to purchase a next generation Kaleidescape system that allows me to use my growing 4K disc based library. I am already sore about a throwaway 3D collection as it is.

I guess I am just the sole remaining customer supporting Amazon and Best Buy with 4K physical media purchases and not being a download junkie.

For the 4K generation, I would like to have both disc and streaming as this transition to occur.

Cheers

How many dealers we got here? Silence is consent.

If you are going to add a drive do not underestimate the 5.1 audio quality Music Only superiority of the Kaleidescape over every other blu ray and uhd standalone, am asking for SACD compatibility.

I recently discovered a secret formula laser aligned to very specific angles Holorama sound system deployment, it felt like skuipping two decades in audio progress and this is what Bob Ozer, some of you might know, had to say after first being skeptical when I played for him My dv-700 bluray audio only and dvd audio demo.

So if there is a way add please sacd playback and charge extra!

https://youtu.be/LM3sr8Quutw
https://youtu.be/b3k0m5sM6lQ

Sorry to deflate some enthusiasm BUT HOME CINEMA IS DEAD, Long Live Wallscreen Skylounges! Where the only three sources are Strato, Samsung The Wall apps and Skylounge 23x robotic Video Telescope in HDR :D :D
attachment.php

attachment.php

Disc formats

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that there wont be one player that does it all.
The Kaleidescape systems fits 90% of all of my needs.
The premier system does all of my CD'S DVD'S Bluray's HD downloads and the Encor system does all of my 4K needs.
Then my OPPO UDP-203 takes care of the other 10%
It does all of my UHD, 3D Bluray, DVD-Audio and SACD.
But it will do Blu-ray, DVD and CD as well.
That's about as good as we can get for now Just down to three devices :)

Home cinema is dead? So everyone is happy to have their speakers in the wrong locations when using anything other than an acoustically transparent screen? Don't make such silly claims. I agree that 'The Wall' is amazing but if you put that on your front wall where are you going to put your LCR's? There's only so much room eq can do and nothing will make up for having a real LCR setup in the right location.

If you are going to add a drive do not underestimate the 5.1 audio quality Music Only superiority of the Kaleidescape over every other blu ray and uhd standalone, am asking for SACD compatibility.

I recently discovered a secret formula laser aligned to very specific angles Holorama sound system deployment, it felt like skuipping two decades in audio progress and this is what Bob Ozer, some of you might know, had to say after first being skeptical when I played for him My dv-700 bluray audio only and dvd audio demo.

So if there is a way add please sacd playback and charge extra!

https://youtu.be/LM3sr8Quutw
https://youtu.be/b3k0m5sM6lQ

Sorry to deflate some enthusiasm BUT HOME CINEMA IS DEAD, Long Live Wallscreen Skylounges! Where the only three sources are Strato, Samsung The Wall apps and Skylounge 23x robotic Video Telescope in HDR :D :D
attachment.php

attachment.php

Home cinema is dead? So everyone is happy to have their speakers in the wrong locations when using anything other than an acoustically transparent screen? Don't make such silly claims. I agree that 'The Wall' is amazing but if you put that on your front wall where are you going to put your LCR's? There's only so much room eq can do and nothing will make up for having a real LCR setup in the right location.

Check out Peters Twitter feed for his stream of conscious style of info delivery. Simply stated, he has some cool concept cinemas that use, more or less, phantom centers and form a space much akin to ancient cave dwellings.

It’s sort of the future. We all will have video walls and seek to integrate them in our lifestyles— as much as our ancestors used the cave as a way— to deliver stories to an audience through imagery.

I am still living in the world as defined by the ITU and Dolby for my cinema layout but I am excited for what’s next.

• Day and date movies at home
• Theater at home that bests a commercial facility
• VERY bright screen walls that deliver 10,000 nit peak brightnesss and all the colors of the rainbow.

Here is an pre-Cedia article about Kaleidescape. Director Barry Sonnenfeld will be a guest of Kaleidescape and will talk about “The Home Theater Experience: From Camera to Couch”.

https://www.cepro.com/article/kaleidescapes_cedia_2018_barry_sonnenfeld_home_theater

John

I will try and attend this while I'm at Cedia. Was at least going to stop by the K booth and say hello! Not sure where this talk will take place. They are doing it on Wednesday and Thursday. SJ

If you guys would like to hear what multichannel audio only sounds like on a top system I have been given a slot or two at The Alcons Audio Booth.

Multichannel audio is something that could be easily ported to the store, and that would sound better clocked and with much better bass in each of the surrounds than a 50,000 disc player. It's true when played on the dv-700.

I will post here the times when i know them.

If you guys would like to hear what multichannel audio only sounds like on a top system I have been given a slot or two at The Alcons Audio Booth.

Multichannel audio is something that could be easily ported to the store, and that would sound better clocked and with much better bass in each of the surrounds than a 50,000 disc player. It's true when played on the dv-700.

I will post here the times when i know them.

I’ll be there! In fact I’ll pick the day i attend around this.

Thanks for sharing. Now I know which room the talks will be in at CEDIA. May try and stop by if my schedule permits. SJ

Let us know if you find out anything interesting and have fun!

John

Anything coming out of IFA for K?

I see new Sony projectors announced now. JVC and other stuff should be incoming. Not sure if K is there, but they have European market presence.

Anything coming out of IFA for K?

I see new Sony projectors announced now. JVC and other stuff should be incoming. Not sure if K is there, but they have European market presence.

You happen to have any links for info on new Sony projectors? I'm in the market and want to see what is coming at CEDIA! Thanks!
John

Back