• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CONFIRMED FIXED: BOLT will not import.

A couple of months back they indicated that more resources were being directed at getting fixes out faster, apparently it is working.:)

Jim

I just picked up one of the titles on the poorly authored list for my kids and got the "DVD cannot be imported". Another instance where AnyDVD has proven useful... :D The title is now in with minimal additional effort. Still an annoying problem, but far from an insurmountable one.

Did you use AnyDVD to burn a copy and then import?

Jim

Also curious if everyone is having success importing Bolt. It was earlier reported that a fix is already in, and at least one person reported importing without a problem, but K denied the fix was available when I addressed this on Monday.

Jim

Thanks. I've been curious as to how many owner's go this route, as opposed to waiting for the update.

Jim

I've done the same with discs that had some surface issues where the K reader couldn't import. AnyDVD does a pretty good job of reading those and making solid copies. It's certainly possible that the copy isn't 100% bit perfect, but I've never noticed an issue on playback. It's a better solution than having to re-buy the disc or settle for not being able to import it.

K certainly can't advocate this route, but as an end user I'd certainly recommend it to other users. There's no real legal danger as long as you own and are in possession of the original disc. It's fair use that the studios aren't going to come after anyone for, regardless of what the DMCA says.

Just FYI, in rereading this thread I was reminded about "The Express" so I tried it again and it imported. I'm assuming it was fixed.

Jim

Also curious if everyone is having success importing Bolt. It was earlier reported that a fix is already in, and at least one person reported importing without a problem, but K denied the fix was available when I addressed this on Monday.

Jim
Very strange... please check again. I've got it imported just fine, and Croptop above confirmed that it was fixed. I don't know for sure that he's an employee, but if he's not, he's well connected there.

Here's screenshot of it in my system:
Bolt-capture.JPG

Josh is correct, BOLT was actually corrected very quickly and is confirmed to import.

Jim

Back