• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Blu-Ray Delay Confirmed

It should also be noted that the date originally stated has been removed from CE Pro, and as much as possible from this forum as well. I wouldn't count on a specific date, but agree that some word on new products may be released soon.

Jim

It should also be noted that the date originally stated has been removed from CE Pro, and as much as possible from this forum as well. I wouldn't count on a specific date, but agree that some word on new products may be released soon.

Jim

Count on the date. (At least for the announcement.) I was told that posting the e-mail -- which I had all set to go -- was a violation of confidentiality. But there WILL be an announcement. You'll get it right after 8:00 AM. I'll also say this....the last time they released a product -- the 1080p player -- the announcement was like IMMEDIATELY followed by the shipping of product. Can't say that will happen -- you know, past performance no guarantee of future results, blah, blah -- but it has been their MO in the past.
John

Hi John, just to be clear, I'm not saying an announcement will not come. I'm saying that in my conversations with K, it was made clear that dates can change. Whether they do or not remains to be seen.

The 8:00 time thing (not doubting that) is not cast in stone for those under an NDA.

I guess in the end none of this matters, the answers will come soon enough.:)

Jim

The 8:00 time thing (not doubting that) is not cast in stone for those under an NDA.

Maybe I'm missing the spirit of your message (I'm often slow as my wife likes to point out), but this is an exact quote from the K'scape message:
"We?d enjoy providing you with a sneak peek ? shared under strict news embargo for 8am ET on Tuesday, May 11..."
So, that's where I got the time....
js

As I said, I don't doubt your post, or the time mentioned my friend.:) I was only pointing out that statement's, like the one attributed to K, are forwarding looking, and things can change. Not saying they will, but they "could." (None of my comments are intended to say you are wrong, nor are they intended in any way to call into question the veracity of your statements).:):)

Kindest regards!

Jim

this is an exact quote from the K'scape message:
"We?d enjoy providing you with a sneak peek ? shared under strict news embargo for 8am ET on Tuesday, May 11..."

I'll also say this....the last time they released a product -- the 1080p player -- the announcement was like IMMEDIATELY followed by the shipping of product.

So what you are telling me is that I have to wake up by 8am if I want to be one of the first to get my order shipped? Man, that sucks for those of us in a West Coast time zone. At least I am not in Hawaii...

......At least I am not in Hawaii...

LOL Mike.

(All I have to do is stay up 'til 2:00, place an order, and go to sleep (if I'm able after all the excitement).:D

Jim

Update...so the embargo is actually lifted at 6 AM eastern, not 8. And, umm, I'm not saying that there IS a Blu-ray player or that it MIGHT be shipping almost immediately. I'm totally NOT saying that.... I've typed a post that will hit my blog at 6 AM on the 11th. It'll have all the official stuff, plus some other info I gleaned from talking to CEO Malcolm. www.johnsciacca.webs.com Cheers!

Update...so the embargo is actually lifted at 6 AM eastern, not 8. And, umm, I'm not saying that there IS a Blu-ray player or that it MIGHT be shipping almost immediately. I'm totally NOT saying that.... I've typed a post that will hit my blog at 6 AM on the 11th. It'll have all the official stuff, plus some other info I gleaned from talking to CEO Malcolm. www.johnsciacca.webs.com Cheers!

I was like the Delta Force of accounting, but with moderately less killing.

:D :D

Has there been anything confirmed with the dealers whether there will be a 1080P player trade-in offer on the new BR player (if it turns out there will be a new player soon!)? I seem to recall something about the possibility of a $2k trade-in value on a KP6000 and $1k for the mini on offer for those upgrading. Or am I confused with the KP5000 to KP6000 trade-in offer?

Has there been anything confirmed with the dealers whether there will be a 1080P player trade-in offer on the new BR player (if it turns out there will be a new player soon!)? I seem to recall something about the possibility of a $2k trade-in value on a KP6000 and $1k for the mini on offer for those upgrading. Or am I confused with the KP5000 to KP6000 trade-in offer?

Yes, there was an announcement by K last year indicating there will be a trade up program (from 1080p Players) that will allow for a $2,000 credit toward a BR Player when released. That info is still accurate. Not announced, but likely given K's history, there should also be a credit for older Player's as well (KPLAYER-2500/KPLAYER-5000), so keep checking back here for confirmation.

Jim

Putting a tradein credit on older players would give a floor to player pricing on the older units. It would cost Kaleidescape some profit to do that, however, and getting older players out of the field is probably a lot less of a priority than getting older 5U servers converted into 3U ones.

Putting a tradein credit on older players would give a floor to player pricing on the older units. It would cost Kaleidescape some profit to do that, however, and getting older players out of the field is probably a lot less of a priority than getting older 5U servers converted into 3U ones.

Im sure that getting more BD players out there (if they do indeed transfer BD's to hdd) would ultimately increase server & hdd sales. For most, if you intend to buy a BD player then your likely to want to store content to hdd and im sure it wont be long before all those 750Gb hdds are full on the 5U's...

I wonder if they will implement a means to browse content by DVD or BD? A new coloum perhaps in the search listing mode?? :p (my secrect wish list!!)

Rgds

Panamar

I would guess that BluRay could be auto added to the high def collection next to Kalahari.

How did the previous trade-in work....did the customer have to send the old player to the dealer when placing an order for the new player, or could you wait until the new player was received?

Back