• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Audio dropout on M500

I am the person who had to post via private message. My account now allows me to post all by myself! Great news. Working in cooperation with a very attentive engineering staff at Kscape I am happy to report preliminary tests on a fix on the audio dropout issue seem to be working. I will continue to test the fix for the next several days. My gut tells me that this issue is solved and I am extremely impressed with the level of support and the attentiveness of the company. :)

Saw the post on this thread tonight. I reported this issue to K-Scape shortly after the blu ray players were released, and was told it was a software issue. They reportedly thought they fixed the problem, which turned out not to be the case, and I re-reported the issue. It has been elevated to the upper tiers of the engineering staff I'm told.

Also, I reported this issue on the user forum:
http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5972#post5972

This has been a relatively unreported issue on the forum, as I think many users are not passing uncompressed bit rate audio to an audio processor.

Some specifics: It doesn't matter if the disc is imported or not; playing from the tray is an issue as well. I have two M500 players, and the behavior (audio dropouts) is identical. This was also reproduced by my dealer Definitive Audio in Seattle. This is a Kaleidescape Blu Ray player issue, not an audio processor or networking issue.

Unfortunately, this problem makes watching some blu rays un-watchable on the K-scape player, and I have resorted to using my Playstation. The worst offending titles are DTS Master Audio. Recent releases include Iron Man 2, Sherlock Holmes, Robin Hood, and Toy Story 3.

I have a lot of faith in Kaleidescape, and hope for a software fix.

With regard to your Pronto remote, I am using a TSU 9800 touch panel with my m500 players without a hitch. Have you installed the latest firmware in the panel, and the latest version of Pronto edit? Check with remotecentral.com

Dave Little

Thanks for posting all of that Dave.

Regarding the Pronto issue, I cannot speak for the others but I suspect in my case I need to update the K Module.

Jim

I am the person who had to post via private message. My account now allows me to post all by myself! Great news. Working in cooperation with a very attentive engineering staff at Kscape I am happy to report preliminary tests on a fix on the audio dropout issue seem to be working. I will continue to test the fix for the next several days. My gut tells me that this issue is solved and I am extremely impressed with the level of support and the attentiveness of the company. :)

Thanks again for the help, nice of you to take the time to help resolve the issue!

Jim

Kaleidescape Scores A Homerun with Engineering Expertise and Customer Service!

Some may have read a couple of posts from me and others on the forum regarding audio dropout issues on DTS Master Audio soundtracks during high bit-rate transitions. The problem expresses itself only if the M300 or M500 Blu Ray player is set to pass uncompressed bit-rate data (HDMI audio decode mode set to "bitstream pass-through") to a capable surround sound processor. During reproducible times on the playback of these movies, sound would completely "dropout" for a split second. With these dropouts occurring every minute or two, it was completely distracting.

Great news! Kaleidescape downloaded a Beta version of software release 4.1 to me, and it solves this audio issue completely.

Perhaps just as impressive, I received an e-mail and personal phone call from non-other than Kaleidescape's Tom Barnett informing me of the new software on the server -- on Friday night, 7:30 PM Pacific. Tom - you are working way too hard and late, but boy am I impressed with the customer service.

Tom relayed to me that the new software addresses an issue that the decoding chip had with higher bit rate transients. It is in Beta testing now, but if others on the forum are experiencing the same problem, they cam PM him, and he will push the update to their server.

Great work, Kaleidescape, and thanks for the great service and phone call, Tom!

Dave Little

K, as usual, went to work on this issue as soon as it was reported. Kudo's to engineering as well for getting this beta into the field so quickly.

No doubt about it, there are some hard working folks at K, and Tom Barnett is at the top of that list. I've lost count of the times he has called or emailed me long after his normal work day, and on weekends, to help me with a question or problem. K's lucky to have him.:)

Jim

Well done by Kaleidescape and also thank you Dave an everyone who reported this issue. We all benefit.

Well done by Kaleidescape and also thank you Dave an everyone who reported this issue. We all benefit.

Absolutely!:)

Jim

working perfect after upgrade to beta software

Hi K

Can you push the new fw to me also please! Im experienceing the sound dropouts on IM2 also. Three times in as many minutes at the start alone :confused:

Im currently on v4.0.3-8732

Rgds

Pan.

I think I'll make the call today!

Hi K

Can you push the new fw to me also please! Im experienceing the sound dropouts on IM2 also. Three times in as many minutes at the start alone :confused:

Im currently on v4.0.3-8732

Rgds

Pan.

I think I'll make the call today!
Hi Panamar... you've been here a long time, so I assume you know that this board is not an official Kaleidescape support board. While we do get some Kaleidescape reps that visit, some that even participate, the best thing to do is to ask your dealer or email support at Kaleidescape to address the problem.

No one here can trigger software downloads for you I'm afraid.

--josh

Right- Ive found however, once K sees you are asking they are usually very accommodating.

I have to say, once again... that I am blown away with the K service! I called them, a tech called me back within the hour and less than an hour later K pushed the updated firmware to my server!!

First Class Service! Thank you!!

Pan.

...Regarding the Pronto issue, I cannot speak for the others but I suspect in my case I need to update the K Module...

I finally got my M300 and Pronto to talk to each other. I think what was happening was the static IP in PARAMETERS of the K module wasn't being saved in PEP2 prior to downloading to the Pronto. So whilst it appeared I'd set the static IP to match the M300, in reality Pronto was sending out the default IP of the K module, hence why the M300 wasn't responding.

So all is good with Pronto and the M-Class player.

The only issue I'm having with the M300 now is bitstream audio is being detected as DIGITAL PCM by my processor and the audio is all screwed up. Setting the M300 to decode to PCM and audio goes back to normal. The problem might have something to do with the Lumagen Radiance video processor which is doing the source switching, or it might be a problem in the audio processor. Don't know which yet. As always Kaleidescape Tech Support are helping me out here.

Of course, what did you expect!!!:)

Jim

Try changing the EDID settings in the Radiance and also try running the M300 direct and begin ruling out problem components. Id also want to make sure the Radiance is up to date in its firmware. GL with this.

Back