• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Anyone know when K is getting Fox in the store?

We're also very excited to announce that we have licensed 4K Ultra HD movies with HDR, and these are also planned for later this year.

Mike, will we be able to tell which UHD titles have HDR?

John

Mike, will we be able to tell which UHD titles have HDR?

John

We're working out exactly how we're going to present this information in the Movie Store, but yes, there will be some kind of clear indication of HDR.

Seems to be Spanish...maybe Portuguese. Couldn't say.

I've reported the issue to our Media Guide team, and they are testing a fix. Thanks for the heads-up, and sorry for the trouble!

Mike - for high systems (please see my 30 channel ATMOS system on AVS Forum) - ATMOS is very important for us folks - to release Dracula in 4K without ATMOS does not motivate me to buy that version...
Just my two cents - I love K Escape - awesome work - I will buy every product you launch.

Thanks for your feedback and the kind words! If you have a link to your system on AVS, I'd love to see it.

Mike
I posted the rack system with the K Escape...
I also own a DV 700 and will be getting the Stratos soon..

All content from Twentieth Century Fox in the Movie Store today is Blu-ray quality motion pictures. Although we have licensed TV series as well, this content is planned for later this year.

Because Fox movie content is all in Blu-ray quality, Disc-to-Digital is not possible for Fox DVDs. As John has already noted, we are also not able to offer upgrades from DVD to Blu-ray quality downloads for Fox content.

Mike thank you very much for the info. Any chance to see the content from 20th Century Fox in DVD quality as well? Or it will stay like Disney - Blu-ray quality only?

Thanks !

Mike - for high systems (please see my 30 channel ATMOS system on AVS Forum) - ATMOS is very important for us folks - to release Dracula in 4K without ATMOS does not motivate me to buy that version...
Just my two cents - I love K Escape - awesome work - I will buy every product you launch.

+ 1 :D

I echo your comment, thanks for raising it !

First thing I've read that has reflected negativity on the future of UV. Was really hoping to see UV take off. Love the buy once play anywhere model and was hopeful it would evolve in with UHD content. Seems like it's not.

Great to see Fox though. And at least with K store D2D if nothing else. Sad to see nothing with special features though from them. Maybe in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing I've read that has reflected negativity on the future of UV. Was really hoping to see UV take off. Love the buy once play anywhere model and was hopeful it would evolve in with UHD content. Seems like it's not.

That is what I was thinking as well. I had purchased a bunch of discounted UV titles thru Vudu in December. Looks like this is probably a bad idea. Will stick with discs moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, is K working towards getting Disney anywhere (or Disc to digital) to work. At a minimum, I would like to see Disney titles purchased in the K store to be added to my DMA account

Another small issue...the CLEOPATRA download only seems to include part one.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

This issue should be resolved now. If you queue the title for download again, the second half should download (you don't need to redownload the first part).

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Fox prices went up.... all the movies I bought yesterday for $12.99-$13.99 are now $18.99....

Back