• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

4K Titles in Store But Not Available on Disc

Thanks John!

Jim

“Live Die Repeat: Edge Of Tomorrow” is now available in HDR in the store but not on disc. I have added to the list.

John

“Game Night” now available in UHD/HDR in the store with no information on disc availability. I have added to the list.

John

“Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan” (HDR version) added to the store with no scheduled release date on 4K disc.

“Fury (4K)” released on disc 22 May 2018.

I have updated the list.

John

Last edited:
The following titles have been added to the list:

Sherlock Gnomes (4K) - Paramount
Early Man (4K) - Lionsgate

“Darkest Hour (4K)” has been released on disc and has been removed.

I have updated the list.

John

“7 Days in Entebbe (4K)” has been added to the store in HDR from Universal. No 4K disc info yet.

I have added to the list.

John

“Blockers (4K)” has been added to the Store in HDR from Universal. No information on 4K disc availability.

John

The following have been added to the store in 4K but with no immediate plans for release in 4K on disc:

Isle of Dogs (UHD)
Loveless (UHD)
Escape Plan 2: Hades
Super Troopers 2 (UHD)
Chappaquiddick
You Were Never Really Here
Hotel Transylvania

I will update the list.

John

The updated list now has 89 movies available in the store in 4K with no immediate plans for a 4K disc release at this point. There are also another 61 Sony UHD movies that are not in the list for a nice round total of 150 movies available in the store that are not available on disc in 4K.

I have been trying to discern a pattern but so far not a lot that can be concluded. It does seem that the priority is on streaming releases on everything while major titles are released on disc simultaneously and minor titles MAY be released at a later date on disc (so far only two titles released on disc but there are others now with scheduled release dates).

John

“Truth or Dare (4K)” from Universal has been added to the Store in 4K and I have added to the list.

John

Last edited:
“Tully (4K)” from Universal has been added to the list.

John

Last edited:
“Breaking In (4K)” from Universal added to the list.

John

Last edited:
“Life of the Party (4K)” from Warner Bros. added to the list.

John

“The Wave (4K)” from Magnolia Pictures has been added to the list.

John

“Book Club (4K)” added to the list from Paramount.

John

“Tag (4K)” added to the list from Warner Bros.

John

The following have been added to the list:

“Superfly (4K)” from Sony
“Tucker: The Man and His Dream (4K)” from Lionsgate.

John

Last edited:
The following have been added to the Store but are not available on disc in 4K:

“War of the Worlds (1953) (4K)” from Paramount.
“Shutter Island (4K)” from Paramount.
“Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot (4K)” from Lionsgate.
“Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (4K)” from Paramount.

John

Last edited:
“Slender Man” has been added in HDR from Sony but is not available in 4K on disc. I have added to the list.

By now, I was expecting for some of the titles on the list to be available on disc but so far only a couple have come out and the list keeps getting longer...

John

Back