• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

4K Title Matrices

ironcross

I put together a spreadsheet summarizing available 4K discs and 4K offerings on the store. It provides reference to titles that are missing from the store but available physically, as well as what titles on the store are deficient audio wise compared to a physical counterpart. Hopefully this will be of assistance to everyone. Let me know if there if there is anything incorrect or anything youse guys would like added. It should be accurate as of this morning. I will try to keep it updated.

I put together a spreadsheet summarizing available 4K discs and 4K offerings on the store. It provides reference to titles that are missing from the store but available physically, as well as what titles on the store are deficient audio wise compared to a physical counterpart. Hopefully this will be of assistance to everyone. Let me know if there if there is anything incorrect or anything youse guys would like added. It should be accurate as of this morning. I will try to keep it updated.

Great work well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really Nice list.
I used to keep track of a list of just the missing titles
Would love to see a list of just those so you don’t have to scroll through entire thing.
maybe you can take just the missing ones and put in a separate list.

Really Nice list.
I used to keep track of a list of just the missing titles
Would love to see a list of just those so you don’t have to scroll through entire thing.
maybe you can take just the missing ones and put in a separate list.

I added a new tab that provides dynamically updating lists of only titles missing from the store and for titles that contain lesser audio codecs compared to their physical counterparts. The new sheet simply lists the title (year). You can also filter the main sheets from the column filter dropdowns to achieve the same thing but with all of the associated data for the titles.

Wow @ironcross.
Once again, I'm amazed at the amount of time and effort you put in to resources like this. Quite valuable to all of us in this community! Thank you!!

Wow. Way more advanced audio tracks missing than I thought. Hopefully this can be addressed. Glad to see that we're seeing updates to Fox titles, but it is a bit sobering to see how many titles are missing audio tracks when I'm talking to clients about the "pros" of using K over disc and saying they are getting equal or better quality.

Wow. Way more advanced audio tracks missing than I thought. Hopefully this can be addressed. Glad to see that we're seeing updates to Fox titles, but it is a bit sobering to see how many titles are missing audio tracks when I'm talking to clients about the "pros" of using K over disc and saying they are getting equal or better quality.
Agreed. Hopefully at least the Sony and Paramount catalog titles will be "easier" to update, like they have started to do with 20th Century titles. Why NBCU is apparently difficult makes no sense.

What REALLY makes no sense with NBCU is WHY they give K the Atmos audio on the Blu Ray version of many titles, but the lesser audio track on the 4k version of the film. This singularly mystifies me, and can only think there is (or was) some money at play for the whole enchilada.

Hopefully the new leadership will right that

Great job

You have Planet Earth II as missing in 4k. K has that

1917 now has Atmos
Alita Battle Angel now has Atmos
You have Crash as missing, though at least for us in the US, I don't see a 4k version - only UK (unless its forthcoming)
Men In Black III now has Atmos

Agreed. Hopefully at least the Sony and Paramount catalog titles will be "easier" to update, like they have started to do with 20th Century titles. Why NBCU is apparently difficult makes no sense.

What REALLY makes no sense with NBCU is WHY they give K the Atmos audio on the Blu Ray version of many titles, but the lesser audio track on the 4k version of the film. This singularly mystifies me, and can only think there is (or was) some money at play for the whole enchilada.

Hopefully the new leadership will right that

I think now all NBCU new title came with Atmos agree the older one are less active in update like Fox which also take time but it came and the we see many which all want updated and I think for NBCU the old one only the remain but sure will come but all the new one now came with Atmos

The most matter that both studio now provide the codec with immersive track and I am sure and hope the gab will close for the OLD titles

I think now all NBCU new title came with Atmos agree the older one are less active in update like Fox which also take time but it came and the we see many which all want updated and I think for NBCU the old one only the remain but sure will come but all the new one now came with Atmos

The most matter that both studio now provide the codec with immersive track and I am sure and hope the gab will close for the OLD titles

There are Sony and Paramount catalog items on this list along with NBCU that need updating.... along with 20th Century to continue.

Now, should the "missing" list include titles exclusives to streamers? :) Because that may end up being the larger issue down the road if the streamers become the "studios"...

There are Sony and Paramount catalog items on this list along with NBCU that need updating.... along with 20th Century to continue.

Now, should the "missing" list include titles exclusives to streamers? :) Because that may end up being the larger issue down the road if the streamers become the "studios"...

I am so optimistic with K and for my opinion I was share with you and many other about NBCU and Fox but now as they arrived finally I become more comfortable just now I enjoy the Martian with atmos and it was one of list On hold with the new DTM from lumagen watching the video and trinnov yellow balls come more joy

Great job

You have Planet Earth II as missing in 4k. K has that

1917 now has Atmos
Alita Battle Angel now has Atmos
You have Crash as missing, though at least for us in the US, I don't see a 4k version - only UK (unless its forthcoming)
Men In Black III now has Atmos
Thanks.

Had 1917 & Alita: Battle Angel covered.
Crash is available in UK & Germany physically. Since Ultra BD is region-free, I am including any physical releases as a potential title.
MIB 3 corrected on physical side.
Planet Earth II, along with Blue Planet II have been added to the K side of things. I had missed since I don't keep track of TV titles on K.

Also did some housekeeping on the on the tabs (Freezing header rows; Added locale legend)

“Dirty Dancing” listed as lower audio codec but this title is not available in 4K on disc and is DD+5.1 on Vudu and Apple.

In general, I can’t tell what is being compared to the Store - disc, streaming services, both, etc.

John

Thanks.

Had 1917 & Alita: Battle Angel covered.
Crash is available in UK & Germany physically. Since Ultra BD is region-free, I am including any physical releases as a potential title.
MIB 3 corrected on physical side.
Planet Earth II, along with Blue Planet II have been added to the K side of things. I had missed since I don't keep track of TV titles on K.

Also did some housekeeping on the on the tabs (Freezing header rows; Added locale legend)
Very minor point, but if K releases are based on US title releases, then maybe that should be the matching criteria... though I'm not sure if that assumption is correct...

“Dirty Dancing” listed as lower audio codec but this title is not available in 4K on disc and is DD+5.1 on Vudu and Apple.

In general, I can’t tell what is being compared to the Store - disc, streaming services, both, etc.

John
Store offerings are being compared to the highest quality physical release available. Other streaming services are not currently being used for comparison.
In the case of Dirty Dancing, The physical release, along with the BD quality K offering, are available in 7.1. The 4K offering from K is only in 5.1, hence the lower quality designation.
Hope that clears things up.

I am so optimistic with K and for my opinion I was share with you and many other about NBCU and Fox but now as they arrived finally I become more comfortable just now I enjoy the Martian with atmos and it was one of list On hold with the new DTM from lumagen watching the video and trinnov yellow balls come more joy

Any conversation about yellow balls should be between you and your doctor...:)

Store offerings are being compared to the highest quality physical release available. Other streaming services are not currently being used for comparison.
In the case of Dirty Dancing, The physical release, along with the BD quality K offering, are available in 7.1. The 4K offering from K is only in 5.1, hence the lower quality designation.
Hope that clears things up.
Yes, another of many examples where a less quality audio version on on the 4k title, while the Blu Ray version on K has a better version. Inexplicable.

Very minor point, but if K releases are based on US title releases, then maybe that should be the matching criteria... though I'm not sure if that assumption is correct...
K already has several titles in 4k that are only available physically in other regions, so to myself it seemed fair to include.

Back